no start!!!

gembot

Reaction score
i need to fix an a3 '99 its done about 98,000 & has not yet done its annual service but has had a clutch change, days after i had noticed that a wire was coming out of the sensor that leads to the coil (no 1 of 4), that has now been amended. Now the car wont start it was having trouble starting before but there was spark coming out of plugs so i managed to get it to start but now there is no spark i have changed the plugs & the coil but yet no luck, it does crank doh but after abit the oil light comes on, i haven't plugged it into a diagnostic reader yet, im running out of ideas i would like it fixed as soon as, so if any could help me i would b very great full.

You really need some fault codes first, as they go a long way and can save you huge amouts of time and money :)

As said sounds like Crankshaft Position sensor issue, but a diag scan is the best place to start. When it is plugged into a diag machine, call up the actual values/measuring blocks and watch engine speed when turning over. Should give a reading <500rpm-ish when cranking

clear them all off
then try to start and rescan

but im gona go with the G40 sensor is your problem

that was the 1st fing i did bro, i fout it wud b that g40 also coz thats what people was saying but the only code that was left was the speed sensor code IMG00325 20121117 1243

so is it that or?