Prop removal question..

warleydaddy

Reaction score
I'm 99% sure the bearing has shat itself on my prop.. Still not quite too sure about the "Haldex system", am I ok to remove the prop, and still drive the car?? Do I need to take a fuse out to over ride the system, or will I be ok??

Pete....

Urrm not really. I wouldn't take out my prop and drive around - you Havnt been talking to prawn have you? Lol. Keep it in untill you fix it. What sort of problem are you getting? And yeah there's a fuse to disable the haldex but I think the prop still spins.

I'm 99% sure the bearing has shat itself on my prop.. Still not quite too sure about the "Haldex system", am I ok to remove the prop, and still drive the car?? Do I need to take a fuse out to over ride the system, or will I be ok??

Pete....

What year is your car, Haldex is fuse '31' I think?, pulling this out will disable the 4wd system. Traction control light will come up on dash, but you can still drive the car as normal, albeit, with less traction, and it will feel like you have 20bhp more than standard on the move.