S3 look alike

rickparmar

Reaction score
Someone has spent a lot of time and money on that, it looks ok, but i wouldn't buy it

IMO - your better off getting the original if you can - otherwise your going to look a bit daft if you go up against a proper S3

it would be such a hassle insuring it properly and end up costing probablu close to a proper s3.

just dig deep... get a loan... and buy an S3... you know you want to!

S3s were not around on an "R" plate that's what gave it away to me.

Beats me why people do this sort of thing. I wonder what the insurance implications are - even if it's not S3 powered if it looks like an S3 thieves are more likely to strike.

Where I live, I saw an "RS3". We all know they don't exist, but someone had got a very authentic looking RS3 badge (you can get them on eBay). I wonder what it really was - unlikely to even be an S3, prob a 1.6 A3 daydreamer. (no offence to 1.6).

[ QUOTE ]
S3s were not around on an "R" plate that's what gave it away to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure?

Thought they were released on a '98 plate... That would be an R - remember its when the car is registered and not manufactured....

R was officialy a '97 but my A3 was a R & '98 so there is some element of "lapse"...

I just pretty sure Ive seen a few S3 on R plates.

I may be wrong though.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

They were made 99 onwards, so T-plate are the earliest, but most of them wear private S3 plates /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Funny, i saw an old S3 210 on a R plate yesterday, and the plate didn't look very private. And was in the old azure blue.

But i maybe wrong too, again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Funny, i saw an old S3 210 on a R plate yesterday, and the plate didn't look very private. And was in the old azure blue.

[/ QUOTE ]

S3 did not start until '99 earliest so an original R plate is impossible

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing is impossible Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif maybe just disputable

[/ QUOTE ]

That BMW has really got to your head NSD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nothing is impossible Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif maybe just disputable

[/ QUOTE ]

That BMW has really got to your head NSD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

the transformation has started.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

S3 did not start until '99 earliest so an original R plate is impossible

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought so, but needed to test all you veterans in Audi Lore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif