2001 Audi A3 1.8T Hissing Sound.

Neil-M

remedy
Reaction score
Hi all this is my first post and it's not a good one unfortunately.
I was driving my A3 happily on my way to pick up some shopping and my engine light came on so pulled over and switched it off, i then started it again and the light was still on, it has ruff idle and a really loud hissing noise coming from under the fuel rail.

The temp on the dash is fine but under the hood feel's very hot and the plastic engine cover was to hot to hold in hand and the fans kick in almost straight away.

Any help would be great.

Kind Regards,

Neil.

hose is off or massive hole in it check your hoses when you hit boost does it feel flat

Reactions: Neil-M
Hi mate its most likely your pcv pipes under the inlet manifold, main dealer part or do the n249 valve delete which costs about £5 to do, thread is in the stickies.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Neil-M
Thanks for the replies, i found a split hose, it's a short almost "L" Shaped hose the is different diameters at either end that comes from the inlet manifold to another connecting hose. Does anyone know what the hose is or better yet the part number as there was nothing on the original. would this split cause the engine light to come on also and for it to run so hot?

Many thanks.

Yes mate its the pipe that i mentioned thats under the inlet manifold, maindealer or tps.

Hi thanks for that, do you know the part number for a replacement at all?

Brilliant thanks for that it looks like the part i need is 06A-133-783-AS, Are these a common point to split at?

cheers mate i still need to order that part to do the mod?

Oh right thats great. Could i alsoask what themp temp gauge should be running at once warmed up?

Temp gauge should sit on 90 if not it is the stat or temp coolant sensor.

AS per Dave look at the catch can delete that I posted as if it is like mine all the hose are the same age and once you start replacing one the rest are not far behind.