Ta technix coilover help!!

A3-bish

Reaction score
Hi I am new to the forum, and need some help. I have recently bought a Wreg a3 quattro! I got some ta technix coilovers for it and I'm a bit confused! My and a mate tried to fit the fronts today, but we wasn't sure what goes on with the top mount? What bits stay on and what do I swap onto the coilver unit? So we gave up! Also, would I need different drop links? Has anyone fitted the coilovers before?

Thanks in advance for any help!!
Jay.

hi mate i have these you use the silver part that holds the coilovers spring in place remove the bolt(make shore you take the the pressure of the spring)then the bearing then the bush(big rubber mount) then the bolt . put the shock in place and then the metal cup on top the the last bolt. if your still stuck email me and ill send pics as im changing mine today .simon.harvey11@yahoo.co.uk

you use the standard bearings and top mounts, and everything else is new mate. It's a good idea to fit new bearings and top mounts too.

hi mate i have these you use the silver part that holds the coilovers spring in place remove the bolt(make shore you take the the pressure of the spring)then the bearing then the bush(big rubber mount) then the bolt . put the shock in place and then the metal cup on top the the last bolt. if your still stuck email me and ill send pics as im changing mine today .simon.harvey11@yahoo.co.uk

Harvey, would you be able to help me out with these pics too? iv got a A3 8L Quattro and im looking to install my coils sometime this week. I have fitted a set of coils on my girlfriends MK4 Golf today (she is impatient) lol and now her car rides A LOT lower than mine, i need them fitting asap :)

Hers seemed to fly on especially the back so im kinda hoping mine will be the same.

Fingers crossed

yer email me on the address and ill send the pic's to you