ESP/traction light came on after run

Poke13

Reaction score
Website
www.jcwsdesign.com
Hey guys apologies if this has been covered or is really obvious but any help would be much appreciated.

I just went for a blast down the local bypass as I haven't given the car a good drive for a long while. The traction control was on, I never really turn it off but after I had put my foot down in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears I then noticed on the dash the triangle traction light was stuck on but car seemed to be running fine.

When I came to a stop I turned engine off and then restarted and the light was not on?

Any ideas?

Most likely a MAF fault code along the lines of signal too low or signal too high typically... as JoJo says, scan of the car will tell you...

<tuffty/>

Thank you JoJo and tuffty! I thought I would just follow this up and let you know what happened.

I went to PSi tuning to get the car scanned on Saturday morning (charged just 1/2 hour labour) and they were very helpful rang them at 9:20am to see if they had any spare slots and they offered 10:00am so I got myself down there quickly!

They seemed to scan the car and check engine bay etc and it turned out there were two faults that had been logged.

First fault was that the boost control sensor? (I think that's right) was disconnected, not sure if I did this when servicing the car or if someone else who had worked on car and have no clue how long it has been undone but I hardly drive the car let alone push it hard, it gets driven very gently most of the time. So this was reconnected.

The second was an abs sensor which apparently can sometimes be just dirt on sensor so the faults were cleared and then it was test driven and all was good.

I will have to keep an eye out but it seems everything is fine with the car now but I know you should never say that!

Thanks guys and thank you all at PSi great service!