OBD II Cheap option

ryan_s3

Reaction score
Hay-up I'm thinking of buying a cheap OBDII reader this weekend,would anyone have the same one as this or similar if so are they any good.

seen this one on the bay Item number: 330604630571

This might sound like a daft question but when fault codes are in the ecu does it effect the performace till there cleared.

looks like a good piece of kit. is there anything like that for iphone

it says there is no Supported Codes or Generic OBD-II is in the lite is this not a bad thing for finding fault codes?

It will read the codes but not display the labels... check the stickies (or the link in my sig) as there is info on where to find out what the codes mean...

Generic OBDII is for plugging into a non VAG car... you can use VCDS for diagnosing other makes of vehicle with it..

You don't get extensive logging with the lite version (unless registered)

VCDS is the best bit of software available if you are a serious VAG enthusiast... I have a full version of VCDS, I also use the Torque app for Android and have a Liquid Gauge... out of all of them if I could buy only one then it would be VCDS all day long...

<tuffty/>

It will read the codes but not display the labels... check the stickies (or the link in my sig) as there is info on where to find out what the codes mean...

Generic OBDII is for plugging into a non VAG car... you can use VCDS for diagnosing other makes of vehicle with it..

You don't get extensive logging with the lite version (unless registered)

VCDS is the best bit of software available if you are a serious VAG enthusiast... I have a full version of VCDS, I also use the Torque app for Android and have a Liquid Gauge... out of all of them if I could buy only one then it would be VCDS all day long...

<tuffty/>

well thats that then im going to buy it now cant wait to get it running like it should. do you use your S3 every day ?

Just bought the app but after looking into it on the interweb it won't work with the AGU :thumbdown: