Badger5EM Tuning
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By vfr800
  • 1 Post By s3dave

Thread: driving with handbrake on???

Reverse Gear

Status

driving with handbrake on???

i posted recently about my clutch, i have now found out that my mss drove my s3 for about a mile withe the handbrake on??then wen i got in it 10 min later the clutch went, i have a brake warning light on an no fluid in the servo?? an clutch dont work any thaughts??

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gracelea68 View Post
    i posted recently about my clutch, i have now found out that my mss drove my s3 for about a mile withe the handbrake on??then wen i got in it 10 min later the clutch went, i have a brake warning light on an no fluid in the servo?? an clutch dont work any thaughts??
    Definitely sounds like you need to find yourself a new missus.
    GvZ, coatesy, Yohan87 and 1 others like this.

S3 AMK 2002. Only 203 BHP left in my poor little engine, currently searching for the 7 missing horses.
    Mods: Powerflex bushes at the front and rear, 710P DV, ambient light module, Badger5 V3 TIP, S2000 Filter.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Boiled the fluid etc I suspect... the clutch takes fluid from the brake reservoir so if thats low then no clutch either...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

living the dream

Status

My Social Networking

Follow C6 DRN On Twitter Add C6 DRN on Facebook Visit C6 DRN's Youtube Channel Visit C6 DRN's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by vfr800 View Post
    Definitely sounds like you need to find yourself a new missus.
    haha belter!

i cant see driving with the handbrake on for just a mile effecting the clutch?

how old is your car?
    Audi S3 | DSG | Black Edition | Quattro | Heko Wind Deflectors | Heated Leather Seats | Bose | RNSE | Cruise Control | Sunroof | Electric Mirrors | Armrest | 6k Miles
    WAAAAAAP TSSSSS

Reverse Gear

Status
    lets get car sorted then we sort the mrssus out lol, so if i top the fluid back up an bleed it all and go from there, i thaught it was the cylinder inside gearbox but there wernt any fluid cuming from the bellhousing( the joit on gearbox)
    so my question is if i top it up and blead it will i do it more harm than good if it is the cylinder in gearbox??

Reverse Gear

Status
    its a 2000 x reg s3

Down under

Status
    Hahaha I've done that once, the armrest makes it a bit annoying. Easily done. I let a girl drive mine a while back. She pulled up at some lights and there was smoke billowing from the rear. Only takes one or two clicks (depending on how well your's is adjusted). Surely she'd notice if it was bad enough to boil the fluid. I'd imagine the pads would be on fire!
    Handling mods++. HTA3582 stroker soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    Hahaha I've done that once, the armrest makes it a bit annoying. Easily done. I let a girl drive mine a while back. She pulled up at some lights and there was smoke billowing from the rear. Only takes one or two clicks (depending on how well your's is adjusted). Surely she'd notice if it was bad enough to boil the fluid. I'd imagine the pads would be on fire!
    and did anything happen with your clutch? did you lose any brake fluid anywere?

living the dream

Status

My Social Networking

Follow C6 DRN On Twitter Add C6 DRN on Facebook Visit C6 DRN's Youtube Channel Visit C6 DRN's Instagram Channel
    You sure she hasnt burnt the clutch out trying to get the car to move...with the handbrake on? haha..
    Audi S3 | DSG | Black Edition | Quattro | Heko Wind Deflectors | Heated Leather Seats | Bose | RNSE | Cruise Control | Sunroof | Electric Mirrors | Armrest | 6k Miles
    WAAAAAAP TSSSSS

Down under

Status
    Nah, like I say, done it twice with no ill effects but if it was properly on then I guess it'd be bad but surely you'd notice !
    Handling mods++. HTA3582 stroker soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Reverse Gear

Status
    she didnt notice, she thaught there was sumthin wrong with engine lol im hoping i have poped a seal somewere guna top it up and blead it up later an see if it is leaking anywere, hopefully it will be a cheep fix otherwise the slave cylinder has gone and its a box off job???

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gracelea68 View Post
    lets get car sorted then we sort the mrssus out lol, so if i top the fluid back up an bleed it all and go from there, i thaught it was the cylinder inside gearbox but there wernt any fluid cuming from the bellhousing( the joit on gearbox)
    so my question is if i top it up and blead it will i do it more harm than good if it is the cylinder in gearbox??
    I would replace all the fluid... only need 1tr realistically

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

1st Gear

Status
    To quote Lee Evans
    "YOU'VE STILL GOT THE F&*KING HANDBRAKE ON!

Well you left it there! Anyway, I thought it was an air freshner, 'cause when I take it off the smell of burning goes away!"

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by actualeddie View Post
    To quote Lee Evans

Well you left it there! Anyway, I thought it was an air freshner, 'cause when I take it off the smell of burning goes away!"
    love it lmao!!!
    she isnt allowed to drive it again wen i get it fixed lol

living the dream

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by actualeddie View Post
    To quote Lee Evans

hahahahahai this was my first thought reading this thread!
    WAAAAAAP TSSSSS

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    A Falcon Punch would have been appropriate...
    coatesy likes this.