Quick Revo problem

Scotty dog

Reaction score
Hi all,
Went to get my car remapped today REVO stage 1.
Problem was the garage couldnt upload the software on to my car, something was holding it out. I have an aftermarket cd player and they said it might be that (canbus related issues...well over my head stuff)
So they stuck it on the rollers just to make sure it wasnt already mapped, turns out to be a standard map pulling standard boost and making 242BHP(AMK engine code)
However they also found a problem with the Haldex system slipping so will get that sorted before going any further(start with an oil change).
My question is has anyone else experienced a similar problem from an aftermarket cd player, or something similar and turned out to be completely different problem?
They said they might be able to take the ECU out and bench flash it but recommeneded i get the haldex issue sorted out first.

Cheers for any help
Scott

Last edited:
Its not standard if it made 242, std AMK is 210 so its mappped in some form which would explain why revo couldn't flash a new map straight on.... Best to try and find out what map it is as not all are perfect, anything by revo, r-tech Bill etc is good and would also see it making more than 242 on a healthy car.

How can you tell if the heldex is slipping out of intrest and not the main (on flywheel) clutch? Under normal hardish driving would it appear to do the same sort of thing?

as said 242bhp is high and not likely std unless those rollers are muchos happy (not unheard of)
run in 2wd or 4wd?

drive on the road ok?

if aftermarket radio is installed wrong, the K-Line on the obd can be messed up.... but I would expect a vcds type cable to complain and not talk to ecu, and report the problem (if they checked it)

as said 242bhp is high and not likely std unless those rollers are muchos happy (not unheard of)
run in 2wd or 4wd?

drive on the road ok?

if aftermarket radio is installed wrong, the K-Line on the obd can be messed up.... but I would expect a vcds type cable to complain and not talk to ecu, and report the problem (if they checked it)
Was tested 4wd. I can only think of the rollers being off like you said, certainly doesnt seem that powerful on the road. They seemed to think it was a standard map, i could scan the graphs on if it helps establish what it is.

log of requested boost will tell all.
4wd dynos dont like haldex often... gives a spikey up down plot... Is this what they said was your haldex issue? If so, perhaps its not, and the dyno being confused at the haldex system... I have seen lots of 4wd haldex plots which look like the mountain range with up down power, which is'nt real just a side effect of power proportioning front rear during a run. Fuse 31 makes it fwd and you get a smooth reading.