mutant Relentless T25 with GT2870

badger5

www.badger5.co.uk
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.badger5.co.uk
some pix of work in progress for sammyb (he who brings you relentless things)
going onto his lcr..

Modified his V3 to T25..
mocked up and some pix..

enjoy

t25-gt2870-1.jpg

t25-gt2870-2.jpg

t25-gt2870-3.jpg

t25-gt2870-4.jpg

Very nice.

so have you cut the ko4 flange off and welded a t25 one on? Also is that turbo from relentless?

the 3 bolt flange is still on there, the T25 is welded onto it (you can probably see it in the pictures).. ideal spacer really as access to welding it is pretty tight on a finished manifold.

close up
560571_10151159645453183_1859938152_n.jpg

Wont the ko4 collector limit the flow/bill? Sure i read on a guys sc.net thread that the collector is limitng or is this incorrect? Also whos the turbo by?

we will see how well it flows and supports the 2870's airflow.
runners are ok size wise.. we'll see what can squeeze thru a 40mm hole when it gets to the mapping stage. EGT probe is just 2" downstream of the flange so will see any bottle effect. If I can be inclined and can get a stainless bung I might add a pressure take off port for interests sake if sams ok with me doing it.

this is'nt the first one.. there's a 2860 running on a relentless mani with similar mods.. 360bhp I think I read?

Pressure port? Whats that? Is it like a screamer pipe? Be interesting to see its capabilities. Whens the mapping start?

Thought sammyb was going to test the new relentless hybrid? What happened to that?

Thought sammyb was going to test the new relentless hybrid? What happened to that?

I ran it... its sucked

less than his stock k04.. despite an actuator which was over double the crack pressure of stock, it would not hold boost like stock.... 20bhp down on a normal k04
waste of time. its spec was always weird.. clipped stock turbine and claimed 2283 wheel? I dont think so..

so onto this.. which cant be worse than the k04 (can it?) :p

Does look like an ebay job, back to the manifold, it seems to mount the turbo nice and close to the block and to the left which will leave loads of space for a nice downpipe away from the break bits.

Very cool Bill.

Is Sam still planning to remove the ko4 flange from the DP and have a V-band welded on there too? Very interested to see how this comes out!

Ooh very very interesting, is it possible to craft a flange to make it fit a K04 downpipe as well??

Very cool Bill.

Is Sam still planning to remove the ko4 flange from the DP and have a V-band welded on there too? Very interested to see how this comes out!
that will be done... logistics of getting car to me to make it however...

Nice!

If this works i think relentless would provide the manifold with T25 flange. I had already talked to the guys here in the USA and they were willing to do it but I didnt have time to test neither the hybrid nor a T25 flange manifold.
Good work!