clutch problem ????

gracelea68

Reaction score
hi all my name is mark im new to this forum

i have owned audis for around 5 years now my first was an audi a3 1.8t, never had a problem with it.
this week i bought an audi S3 iv only owned it for 4 days its been great!!, last night i took it for a run everything was fine, i pulled up at my house and as i came up the road changed into second the clutch felt funny, changed to third even funnyer and as i came to a stop it was gone, its now flat to the floor i can pull it up and back down but there isnt anything there wont go into gear,it was like (evry time i changed gear i was pumping the fluid out) and i noticed there was a little steam/smoke cuming from under the bonnet,

was wondering if maby a pipe has blown off?? were do i check first?
i think the slave cylinder has gone i hope not but hey ho??

ok cheers ill look as soon as the mrss gets home she took keys with her to work lol only got master key ere, will it set the alarm off if i open it manualy

Not sure if it would be much help, but if you are in the Manchester area, we would be more than happy to have a look at the car and find the fault!

As above there are a couple of common things that they do!!

Either way, hope you get it sorted and if there are any parts you need give me a holla I will look after you the best I can :)

Awesome Mike

Ahh the famous slave cylinder failure. Box out to inspect, but a visual check should reveal fluid from the box/sump join

Not sure if it would be much help, but if you are in the Manchester area, we would be more than happy to have a look at the car and find the fault!

As above there are a couple of common things that they do!!

Either way, hope you get it sorted and if there are any parts you need give me a holla I will look after you the best I can :)

Awesome Mike

not far away lol wrexham north wales, will be looking for a clutch, slave cylinder and dualmass flywheel if you got a price on any of them lol cheers