A3 Foglights doesnt fit

anderswhk

Reaction score
Is the foglights suppose to fit nicely in the foglight grills, before you install them? I have the grills and the foglights from DEPO, but they cant sit in the grill at all. The glass appears to be way too wide.

Are there more than 1 kind of foglights for the A3? The ones i bought said 2000 and onward. I am confused to say the least, and so is the shop i got them from. These are the foglights: AUDI A3 2000-03 FRONT FOG LIGHTS / FOG LAMPS 1 PAIR | eBay

Left grill part number: 8L0 807 489 A

Right grill part number: 8L0 807 490 A

DSCN0249

DSCN0248

Dave, ofcourse, i know that, but the glass appears to be too wide to seal the light in place properly. Kinda hard to explain.

Dawd

DSCN0246

Unless it all magically comes together when you screw it to the valance, then it simply does not fit. It definetly looks like its made for the car, but the glass cone appears to be too large for the grill hole, and yes, from the right side. Im a complete rookie in this.

I guess it could be answered easily. Is there suppose to be a gap between grill and light, when fitted to the car? I thought it was gonna sit nice a snug together.

they do not fit snug, the light shows through the hole in the vent and then looks fitted when on the car. I think you need to fit them to the car and then look