MBC 1.8t Working perfectly on remap

clintonellis

audi A3 1.8t AGU
Reaction score
hi everyone ive got a 2000 model Audi A3 1.8t AGU , my car has been mapped to run 1.2 bar max and as is my car was running 0.8 max due to my N75 being faulty so this is the set up ive installed....dont ask me where i bought it as it comes off a vaccum machine and a MBC set will work just fine.

Photo5 Photo4 Photo3

Welcome to the forum.

Would you not be better replacing the N75 with a working one?

Hi and welcome to asn, mbc do not go well with these engines. Everyone and their dog will tell you to replace with a working n75. It will be alot safer, since a heftey boost spike could see you with a bent rod at best.

actually not....people always complain about spikes and cut outs ect dues to the fact that they dont have a remap.....and im running it directly....not inline with the N75. must i post a video of the boost?

As Byzan says! Leannnn!

get a new n75 and rid of the MBC

1.2 bar ? i am sure most people run 1.4 peak on a remap ?

agu, remapped already... mbc set to as mapped level of boost.... working maf sensor....

should'nt be too far off if mapped ok originally?

agu, remapped already... mbc set to as mapped level of boost.... working maf sensor....

should'nt be too far off if mapped ok originally?

That's the point, who knows, he has just thrown more air/boost at it and hoped for the best.

Firstly I've got a stage 2 map and the mbc will work as long as you don't adjust boost more than what it's been mapped too....by blocking all boost my car runs at 5psi and save me a lot of fuel and for the guy that asked how do I adjust timing and fueling...when your car gets mapped it gets a modified map table which tells the car how much fuel to put with the corresponding boost pressure so by turning it down to 0.5 bar it still runs smoothly and no jerking or anything

... and for the guy that asked how do I adjust timing and fueling...when your car gets mapped it gets a modified map table which tells the car how much fuel to put with the corresponding boost pressure so by turning it down to 0.5 bar it still runs smoothly and no jerking or anything

..he knows this... but you didn't say your car was mapped hence the question... if you had said your car was mapped and that you were running no more boost than was mapped for then he wouldn't have asked the question..

Still... all you actually have to do is unplug the N75 electrically (people here use a switch to do the same) and this ha the same affect... actuator pressure is around 5psi on a K03...

MBC's are not as nice on part throttle than running N75 as the map will adjust boost based on throttle position/revs/requested load etc... N75 control is preferable but the ECU the AGU uses isn't that clever... using an MBC on an ME7 ECU is a little more agro but you loose all the nice part throttle control... generally use MBC's in parallel to control boost spikes as a cheaper alternative to having a custom map or if hardware changes have given a massive spike in boost on spool...

N75 can be made to control boost very well... mine runs 1.8bar to redline steady as a rock under N75/ECU control

<tuffty/>

I know I was just saying and thanks for the back up man :) I only use the mbc because I go to drags every Sunday and its really pointless me running high boost in everyday use that's why I use it and here in South Africa the fuel is really really expensive cause our government pockets all the money. I will be replacing the n75 as soon as Audi gets me one cause I do love the control by it

I know how mapping works, but sadly i have seen more bad/lean maps than good safe ones. Hence my concern for you. Hey if your happy, go for it.

If you are sticking to what it's been mapped for I guess no harm is being done, my concern is the temptation to turn it up "just for a spriont or 2"
It's not my turbine housing and manifold that may or may not crack,lol

<pedant mode on>

I was going by the 1st post

<pedant mode off>

[/COLOR]:beerchug:

Last edited: