Good fun this morning..

noodle

Reaction score
Travelling across to Leicester on the B roads, caught up with a 52 reg M3. He noticed me and started to go a bit quicker. So the fun began.

For the next 8 miles or so, we where 'enjoying' the quiet roads of the country side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

For the most part I was with him all the way, however there were certain parts of the journey where the road opened up to straight, in which case he pulled a few car's length, but apart from that there was nothing in it really, expecially round the tight corners. Nice Haldex system!

Just thought I'd share that with yall, as it made my morning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

what car have you got noodle? i'm assuming a chipped S3?

I bet you enjoyed it, but he was either a cr*p driver or not trying.

If he was good and trying he would have blown you away. I have a go at a 97 M3 converible the other day and there was not a lot in it.

But an 52 M3 no way. He probably didn't want to spoil your day.

That is the only car that I would consider buying as a direct replacement for the S3.

I've recently driven a 52 M3 and agree with the comments by bampy.

I've a chipped S3 and the initial "kick" from the M3 is very similar to mine but where the M3 wins is that "kick" keeps pulling right up to the red line where the S3 does not!!

The M3 is a very quick car, Top gear did a test between that and the S4 and the M3 won in a straight line test (despite the M3 having a 1000cc and 2 cylinders less!) and the S4 was only a second quicker round a track despite not having 4wd.

Mines a Std 225 S3, although I've a feeling that in the next few weeks, I'll be taking a trip down to Daventry and speaking to the nice people at Oettinger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Been thinking about it for AGES..

I accept the comments about the M3 being a quick car, hence it's ability to pull away from me, but as I said, the roads were old 'B' roads. Very twisty and bumpy, so I used the advantage of the Haldex system, and it was mostly driving between 40 - 90 (kmph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif), so due to the roads, turbo and Haldex system it ='d /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I havent been in an M3 but did once consider getting one, but I just couldn't get my head around it being a BMW. Great as they may be, I just prefer the class of the Audi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Mines a Std 225 S3, although I've a feeling that in the next few weeks, I'll be taking a trip down to Daventry and speaking to the nice people at Oettinger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Been thinking about it for AGES..

I accept the comments about the M3 being a quick car, hence it's ability to pull away from me, but as I said, the roads were old 'B' roads. Very twisty and bumpy, so I used the advantage of the Haldex system, and it was mostly driving between 40 - 90 (kmph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif), so due to the roads, turbo and Haldex system it ='d /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I havent been in an M3 but did once consider getting one, but I just couldn't get my head around it being a BMW. Great as they may be, I just prefer the class of the Audi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

M3 is the class car on performance, but inside no match for Audi, any Audi. If you want a track car buy the M3, if you want a day to day car the Audi wins hands down.

jesus.... someone on the tt forum posted a similar thing and its gone to 11 pages in a day, you guys are well laid back on here

[ QUOTE ]
jesus.... someone on the tt forum posted a similar thing and its gone to 11 pages in a day, you guys are well laid back on here

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes well.... we all know that TT's are a lesser car than the humble S3 - nuff said....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

If you want a track car buy the M3, if you want a day to day car the Audi wins hands down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uless of course you are a driver who likes to actually drive his car on a daily basis...if that's the case, and you actually want to 'drive' your Audi - you will be left bored and dissiusioned in a very short space of time...like 20 minutes!

If I were making the choice again..things like the great interior - however fantastic it may be - does not in any way make up for the numb chassis, lack of feedback and general boring feeling of driving...something you simply don't get with an M3.

I will concede however, that if its an all year round car to be used in icy / snow...you are beter off with the S3 or similar from a traction point of view.