Volks AutosSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

A3 8L on MB Alphards

Hi guys,

Once there were two pictures of a grey/black A3 8L in the "Post pics of your A3/S3" thread with Mercedes wheels, called Alphards. They seem to be deleted for now and I was wondering if anybody has any pictures of that car+wheel combo?

They are 18x8.5 ET35 and 18x9.5 ET40, so quite a tight fit for a 8L considering I'll have to redrill the discs or use 5x100 to 5x112 adapters

Thanks in advance!
    1998 A3: FK coilovers, OZ Superturismos in Rimini Red, facelift headlights, LCR splitter, debadged, dewipered, aerowipered

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Anybody?
    1998 A3: FK coilovers, OZ Superturismos in Rimini Red, facelift headlights, LCR splitter, debadged, dewipered, aerowipered

6th Gear

Status
    Think I remember it but can't remember who's car it was.try google if you haven't already
    Word!!!

My A3/Martys Golf would smash that, and this guys £7000 GT9743 supercharged love machine.

Whats going on???

Status

My Social Networking

Visit s3 Hoggy's Instagram Channel
    I'm sure there used to be a Red S3 floating about with the registration '3URO' running alphards, but that was a few years ago
    2002 S3 REVO
    Milltek, Sachs Organic clutch, 007p, Genuine RSTT's, BBS RS2's
    Koni FSD & H&R springs, Neuspeed 22mm rear ARB, KW tie arms
    LCR Brembo's with DS2500's & Paul's 300mm Rear disc kit,
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3's,Badger5 V2.2 Jetex filter & heatshield

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3 Hoggy View Post
    I'm sure there used to be a Red S3 floating about with the registration '3URO' running alphards, but that was a few years ago
    yes that was a good freinds car (kev).he now drives a mk3 golf vr6 (red).
    he did have those wheels looked amazing.
    androt-search google (kev s3 alphards edition 38). Then click pictures on google think its on the second page.
    thats on an s3 though,on an a3 major arch work to make them fit.would'nt fit on the rear or look right.if it is for an s3 i can find out any spec from my mate.

Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

Its never finished!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thank you guys. I've googled it the past three days and there's not a single a3, the red s3 you are talking about, looks awesome though. If anyone remembers the pictures about this volcano black (which happens to be my colour as well) a3, there was also one dark-blue Corrado in the backround. You can find very small pictures from the google, but they are actually deleted from the server, which is a pity

Does anyone know if the Golf mk4 has the same offset as a3? Are the arches bigger than a3? The point is, I've found many pictures about mk4's with Alphards and they seem to fit very well. For example, here's the combination with 225/40, which is quite a robust tyre tbh:

Brittany's MK4 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Don't know about the adaptors though But here you can see another one:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...Y/e8852a92.jpg

This one has 18mm adaptors and 215/35 tyres all around, seems to be perfect for me

Actually fitting fronts is not a major deal but thea rears are extremely wide. I was wondering if there is any possibility to re-drill the hubs+discs to 5x112. Don't know if the rears clear from the inside though Fronts will certainly need spacers to clear struts.

Thanks!

5th Gear

Status
    A mk4 golf arch's are abit wider on the rear.you just got to think 9.5j with a minimum 15mm adapter,so basicly 10j on the rear of an a3.someone has got 10j on hear on there a3,but to be relistic you would need your rear arch's rolled 15mm and probably to get them in the arch probably 215,35,18 tyres
    so arch rolling -£100
    wheel adapters-£180
    wheels around a grand
    tyres around £380
    £1660 to mayby not make them fit?
    id get some rep's not as good looking in an 5x100 fitment £650 job done.
    alot of work otherwise.
    Last edited by liquids3; 2nd November 2012 at 15:18.

Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

Its never finished!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Okay, thanks, then it's clear - I'm not going to buy them. But that's due to the fuss, because here they cost 400 euros, which is 320 in your money :D and yes, they are genuine, just, here in Estonia people don't get it how rare and awesome they actually are. It seems I have to wait a bit more then, the thing is I'm really bored of my 18x8 OZ Superturismos and I don't want to put them back in spring (currently rocking 15 inch pepperpots). I have no new fresh ideas when it comes to new wheels, I could buy brand new LMs, CHs or RSs but they are so played out, I'd like to try something different But thanks anyways!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by androt View Post
    Okay, thanks, then it's clear - I'm not going to buy them. But that's due to the fuss, because here they cost 400 euros, which is 320 in your money :D and yes, they are genuine, just, here in Estonia people don't get it how rare and awesome they actually are. It seems I have to wait a bit more then, the thing is I'm really bored of my 18x8 OZ Superturismos and I don't want to put them back in spring (currently rocking 15 inch pepperpots). I have no new fresh ideas when it comes to new wheels, I could buy brand new LMs, CHs or RSs but they are so played out, I'd like to try something different But thanks anyways!
    Jesus that is cheep,you could make them fit like i said,but you must be prepered to make them fit as such.i like your style do something different,don'nt follow the crowd.but supperturismos do suit a3 platform,mayby coulor change (black)?,or rota wheels just not grids mayby?,i like your style though.and hi from england anyway.

Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

Its never finished!

AUDI-MANIACS.COM

Status
    YO I may have those pictures what you request but just give me some time to find it - just to may pictures,lol

It was normal A3 on Alphards and it was on Polish plates.
    Currently not in the country

Suck.Squeeze.Bang.Blow

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danio View Post
    YO I may have those pictures what you request but just give me some time to find it - just to may pictures,lol

It was normal A3 on Alphards and it was on Polish plates.
    I'm interested in pictures mate!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I already went for BBS AMG Aero II, quite interesting wheels also