Quick Tyre pressure question

I

imported_Wicked666

Do I have to run same pressure in all 4 tyres if I have a quattro?

[ QUOTE ]
Do I have to run same pressure in all 4 tyres if I have a quattro?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, try 34 fronts and 36 rear for better front end bite if you have 18s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

On my TT is was 36F 30R
My S4 is 39F 39R

Quattro isn't the thing that determines your pressures

and if i am running 17's - dont want to go for 18s as i haven't heard great things

[ QUOTE ]
and if i am running 17's - dont want to go for 18s as i haven't heard great things

[/ QUOTE ]

Try the fronts at the pressures for 2 people, and the rears at the pressures for four people...all available from the info sticker.

BTW, there are no negative effects of going to 18s...but the 19s no have negative affects....IMO anyway.

...apart from a harder ride, possible increase in unsprung weight and therefore worse handling, more risk of bending your wheel due to less sidewall, more expensive tyres, etc.... IMO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

yes weight, i may just drill mine out!! thanks for that, as long as i can get some brembos in the 17's I'll stay. That reminds me I have some question for a new post

[ QUOTE ]
...apart from a harder ride,

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so...play with the tyre pressures!
mine rides better on 18s and handles better, turns in better, is less fidgety etc...

[ QUOTE ]

possible increase in unsprung weight and therefore worse handling,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if you fit cheap-*** replicas. Stick with properly engineered lightweight wheels and decent tyres and you'll save weight.

[ QUOTE ]

more risk of bending your wheel due to less sidewall,

[/ QUOTE ]

Sossibly so...again, light, strong wheels will reduce this risk. You'll still bend a 17@ if you drive like an idiot on bad roads!

[ QUOTE ]

more expensive tyres, etc.... IMO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OK...you got me.
It'll cost you about a tenner more per tyre! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif