Vacume brake booster?

darren t

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me how the brake booster under inlet manifold operates shoul it blow air through both ways ect? Can this cause boost issues?

There is no 'brake booster' under the inlet... can you provide a little more info, your description is a tad vague... model/year of the car?

If referring to the brake servo vacuum hose... on an S3 the check valve is fairly close to the servo... on an A3 the check valve is in the pipework as it routes towards the bulkhead gearbox side of the engine...

<tuffty/>

It's an Audi s3 8l 2003 inlet manifold were dipstick goes directly underneath 90 degree elbow then a black vacume booster apparently Audi say!! Has 3 outlets one is too pcv valve??

Its called a vacuum pump and not really anything to do with the brakes...

pipes.jpg

Most people remove all of this to simplify the PCV and vacuum system... less pipes to spilt and cause probs, PCV delete so no oil going into the inlet to dilute the fuel... win win...

<tuffty/>

I've just bought new pcv and forge hoses but when changing oil was in pump and pipe work so??? And I was able too blow through ?

What's the hose part number for hose that connects from manifold to brake booster? Mine has a small leak, seems to make car run rough as it gets warmed up.