porsche 996 rear calipers where?

MIGGZ

nanananananananan BATMAN
Reaction score
hey guys

iv been searching for 996 rear calipers ever since tuffy gave me a link of a brake thread
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...l-a3-s3-owners-other-golf4-platform-cars.html
but the issue im having is people shipping to South Africa, i can only find people that are willing to ship is in the states and they want like $500 + which is rather pricey!

could any one here be willing or knows of someone that would ship 996 calipers for me?
also any links or contacts that has the brackets to fit on the 312 disk?

any help would be awsome.

also im sorry if this has been covered, i tried to search and only that link came up

i wouldn't bother personally. had them on my bora with 325mm discs, brakes felt wooden and underpowered.

i changed up for leon cupra R brembo 323's and were much better option. better pedal feel, more progressive and stopped better.

Bill @ Badger5 can get Brembos and ships to South Africa... maybe worth an enquire?

<tuffty/>

i wouldn't bother personally. had them on my bora with 325mm discs, brakes felt wooden and underpowered.

i changed up for leon cupra R brembo 323's and were much better option. better pedal feel, more progressive and stopped better.

lol everyone has different opinions on different calipers, iv now also read that the 986 front calipers are a better option fml i just want better then std brakes lol

iv got dot 5.1 fluid, ebc yellow stuff pads, ate vent, slot drilled disks and i cook them in my everyday road driving

i've fitted a fair few sets of porsche set ups, the general opinion is do the porsche 330 fronts or LCR brembos no one i've fitted the 996 rears to really rate the set up, the piston size isn't suited well for your sized M/C

personally i'd never advise anyone to get the 996 rear set up

i've fitted a fair few sets of porsche set ups, the general opinion is do the porsche 330 fronts or LCR brembos no one i've fitted the 996 rears to really rate the set up, the piston size isn't suited well for your sized M/C

personally i'd never advise anyone to get the 996 rear set up

and the 986 fronts, you done those?

i really do appreciate all the inputs guys

not heard of them personally, was a stage when everyone thought the 996 rear was a good idea (mainly because they looked good behind the LM reps) but after a while, no one had anything good to say about them and upgraded to 330 fronts or the brembos. i'm sure someone else may have some info on the 986 rears.

not heard of them personally, was a stage when everyone thought the 996 rear was a good idea (mainly because they looked good behind the LM reps) but after a while, no one had anything good to say about them and upgraded to 330 fronts or the brembos. i'm sure someone else may have some info on the 986 rears.

thats such a let down lol and what about the porsche 6pot?

Dont use the rear porsche caliper on the front of your car, it will be completely useless.

You need calipers from the front of a porsche.

boxster s fronts are the same as 996 fronts.

Boxster non-s fronts are the ones folk usually use with 312mm disks.

Neither front caliper is the same as the rear ones, although the non-s fronts LOOK similar, they have different piston sizes.

so thanks to porsche calipers on their awsome service and dealing with all my questions they recommend the 986 front calipers.

calipers 280
braided lines to fit the audi 50
brackets to fit the audi and 312 disk 140
pads made for the 312 110
and shipment to SA is 50

so total is 630 pounds then all i will need is the disks
what you guys think?

I'd go for bigger disks if I were doing it but as it suits what you are after the sure... why not :)

<tuffty/>