EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

fixed my s3 rear washer but.....

Hi,

I just spent a few very frustrating hours trying to fix my rear washer on my s3. I first noticed a huge puddle under the engine whenever I ran the rear washer so I located the pipe under the air filter and it had come apart at the join. Great i thought, just re-connect that and jobs a goodun..... no such luck! I then ran the rear washer again and no water spraying out of the washer jet, but plenty of water now dripping from the rear wheel arch!

So, after a few hours of swearing, removing half the car interior (breaking a few clips in the process), and removing the cd changer and sub, i finally found the other join in the hose which, again, had come loose. Connected that up and yes! the washer works.

after such a ball ache taking the car apart to fix this, I really really don't want to ever have to do it again, so I was wondering - what is the best way of re-connecting these joints in the hose which means they'll never come apart again??? I was thinking just some PTFE tape or something? If they have come loose so easily before, they will probably do it again unless I do something to help them stay together, right?

I wonder why they have a habit of coming apart? Is it because the washer jet gets blocked up over the years which increases the pressure in the hose? If so, would it be a good idea to replace the washer jet itself?

also, when I removed the rear quarter interior trim, some of the plastic spacer things with the metal clips which hold it in place seem to have come un-glued from the trim panel. Is there a right and a wrong way of glueing these back on?

Many thanks,

John.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

fixed my s3 rear washer but.....

I only ever had these pipe blowing issues when I tried cheap halfords screen wash. Use the correct VW/Audi screen wash for fan jets and never had a problem. That's after 10 years + and 100k miles across two 8L S3's.
    Audi S3 Quattro Black Edition.