Door speakers crackling and a little update on my s3 progress

Big Bang Yam

Reaction score
hi all.
After my recent haldex issues (new haldex fluid fixed it) and smokey turbo (burny turbo recondition fixed it,highly recomend him!) i was getting a few knocks from the front end i decided to get new bushes,front shocks,anti roll bar drop links and 4 wheel alignment and its completly transformed the car,steering nice and reponsive loads of feedback thus giving me much more confidence. had a few full on opposite lock slides on roundabouts and im much more happy with my little s3. Also had the car detailed couple of weeks ago ill stick some piccys up soon once the wheels have been refurbed. But as with everything on this car one problem leads to another,got a whiney 1 st gear and ruff gear change beetween 1st/2nd so ill wait till it goes bang before i get a box reconditioned. Now for a little problem solving, drivers side speaker started crackling should i just keep my eye on flea bay for a replacement or could i get a nice set of alpine componants and theyll work with the standard Bose stuff? cant really be ***** to change headunit etc .
cheers all!

Bose use 2ohm speakers so you can't use std aftermarket replacements with a Bose amp/HU combo...

<tuffty/>