What the hell is this wheel?????????

UR ANT

Reaction score
Hello all. A few months ago i bought 7 s3 8l alloy wheels and 4 of them are genuine 8l alloys and the other 3 are like the picture i have uploaded. My question is who the hell makes this wheel and what is it off? Is it genuine audi? I cant seem to find any part numbers etc on these wheels. Please help :sos:

Attachments

• 2012-08-05-128.jpg
    2012-08-05-128.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 688
I'm thinking they're a Ford replica wheel, as they're similar in design to a set I had on a Mk3 Mondeo.

Ooops! beaten to it. ah well. :)

Last edited:
looks can be deceiving :sly:. the centre is different and the indents on the ends of the spokes are different to.

Just to let you know these rims are made by Ronal, they are called Avus style rims, the original ones came on Audi S2 and S8's, the S3 and B5 S4 versions are AvusII's, and on B6 S4's and S6's, they are AvusIIIs.

stud pattern is right. its hard to explain! have a closer look at the centre where the bolts go.

surely if it was audi though it would have a part number on it wouldn't it?

Is it the angle of the photo but the centre appears to have a shroud type thing. Genuine S3s (like those linked above) don't have that.

Also the photo posted above has rounded bits taken out where the studs go, the genuine ones don't have that...

Genuine Avus' also have RONAL and a part number stamped on them.

if they are 5 x 100 then they are the s3 avus rim like in the first ebay link. Or they are 5x112 and later a8 rims as stated by jojo, very similar to avus but not quite. Still genuine, never seen a rep yet

They dont say ronal on them. They are different to the ebay link tho! They defo aren't 5x112's coz they fit my s3 and my 2000 fabia. God knows what they are but all i need is another 1 then i have a set of 4 haha. I was going to have a winter set and a good set. if i go up my house tomorrow i will take sum photos of the differences with the 2 types of wheels. Aren't s8 wheels 18"?

they look very much like s3 wheels so they are 17"

Hi

I believe you - when I first looked at them I could see the inner stud part is a different moulding and the notches at the end of the spoke look different. The outer lip looks to have a different profile too.

It would be odd for Ronals/Audi rims to be un marked.

Maybe had a tyre taken off to see if there are any markings on the inside?

Good luck.

Liam

Back in the day in South Africa we were able to get 17" avus reps.

thats what i was trying to explain vfr800 haha. i will have a look on the inside tomorrow. so i maybe have 3 replicas then :huh: