Speaker size

AVLO

Reaction score
well today i purchased some speaker adaptors off the renound andy mac i am going to fit a set of 6.5in coaxials in the the rear and a set of 5.25 components in the front and then use a 4 channel amp to get the most out of them, im stuck between inphase and hertz as i had inphase in the last car and was really impressed with the quality but i have heard really good reports about hertz.

your opinions?? I was worried about the depth of the speakers and wondered if anybody knew what the deepest depth speaker is able to be fitted in both the front and rear? if other members have any pictures of their speaker setups i would like to see some photos please.

as soon as i get the adaptors and speakers etc i will post some pictures with my choice and also of the install.

by the way this will be getting fitted into a pre-facelift s3

The main issue the depth of the speakers. My Hertz component speakers would not fit within the front doors, so I had to cut the doorcards and mount the grill out of the doorcard. I sealed them in with sound deadening and they sound great.Max depth is just over 50mm so quite shallow which was my problem because I already had the speakers.

Also on the subject of speaker adaptors, I had no issue fitting rears as there is more depth to use, but with the front I didn't even need adaptors as I cut the doorcard and drilled my own holes to mount the drivers.

Depth in the front using the MDF adapters is between 55-60mm depending on the chunkiness of the magnet.
Rear depth is not an issue there is loads of space.

Depth in the front using the MDF adapters is between 55-60mm depending on the chunkiness of the magnet.
Rear depth is not an issue there is loads of space.
Hi Andy,

I know this is an old forum post however I just wanted to clarify something as I am in the progress of upgrading my speakers. When you say 55-60mm does not exclude the depth of the speaker adapter pod on top e.g. can I fit a speaker with a 58mm depth plus the adaptor ring which would make it exceed the total of 60mm I believe?