Audi S3 prefacelift indicators

actualeddie

Reaction score
Is it a common fault that the plastic that holds the indicators to the head lights snaps off? Had it on my nearside when i bought the car and today my offside is hanging off.

I used silicone on the last nearside, but now they are both gone may aswell replace them. also the plastic on the actual nearside headlight is broken; so need a whole new set.

If im spending out on these problems, is there an upgrade I should consider for example facelift lights?

Thanks in advance guys

Eddie

I've had a pre facelift S3 for a while (4 year) and can't say it has been a problem for me....

Cost of 2 x new headlight indicator units (£40ish) vs Cost of second hand facelift headlights (£3-400ish) Plus you have to mod the arch slightly to make the facelift lights fit properly.

I've had the same problem with my indicator. Got fed up of it popping out so tried a DIY which lasts for a while then it just starts popping out again.

i couldn't find replacement indicator units for the S3 but found a set of units on eBay for the A3. Only difference is you don't have the chrome part surrounding the bulb. Just an orange bit of plastic.

Hope this helps

S3 and a3 lamps are different. I got a set from a member here breaking his car. No problem since :cool: