Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Another 8L Track Car - Lets get ready to 'Ruuuuuuuumble'!

poking badgers with spoons
    Mouse Race Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion

Status

Re: Another 8L Track Car - Lets get ready to 'Ruuuuuuuumble'!

Bad times on the Beemer , good times on the new one but Tbh id of sold you my a3 for the convenient price of 6900...

The suns out today hopefully it stays out for a while and you can get the track car finished :beer:
    Last edited by coatesy; 3rd April 2013 at 14:41.
    k03s/k04 hybrid a3 275bhp 293lbft
    vr6 mk2 golf gti

fellow north east members add your name to this list.
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/north-e...%2A%2A%2A.html

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status

Another 8L Track Car - Lets get ready to 'Ruuuuuuuumble'!

Holy sh*t Welly. That's a right mess, at least your good though. Cars are replaceable and all that.

Sounds like its replacement is more than a match for the white one though.

Looking forward to some updates fella.
    2008 E92 BMW 335i M-sport
    1990 Golf GTi w/ a 20v heart BUILD THREAD
    Full VCDS

2006 A3 2.0T quattro S-line R.I.P. You will be missed.

** Breaking - 8L 1997 Audi A3 1.8T. **

MAN OF STEEL

Status

what i love about this:
    it snowed, you have a bmw, HA

best wishes

Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post

what i love about this:
    it snowed, you have a bmw, HA

best wishes
    Thanks Karl... :P

You will also note the tyre marks meaning I got it out and back!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world

6th Gear

Status
    sorry to hear about the white BMW welly. Leave you still breathing as it could have been a lot worse if you was blasting it.
    Word!!!

My A3/Martys Golf would smash that, and this guys £7000 GT9743 supercharged love machine.

1st Gear

Status
    Bad luck with the beemer mate but the camber/stance in the 3rd pic down looks awesome
    Booooooosting just a little bit

1st Gear

Status
    I know of a MKV R32 that hit a pot hole at 20 mph and the standard wheel collapsed in a similar way. It had done less than 10k miles at the time.

Down under

Status
    Must say I prefer the new one. Much more classy

Sorry about the mishap with the carriers. I'll see if my mate has any others if you're still after them.
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Status
    Hello all, been some time since I have a) done any track car work and b) been on here.

This is due to a series of personal dramas and being promoted at work. Both of the aforementioned have left me with around or about no time for anything...

Bit of a catalyst has brought me back into the world of doing stuff however. The A3 was in my mate's garage and he was moving house. This meant I had to get the A3 somewhere else really. His garage was the main cause of so little work being done on the car. It was cramped, cold, unlit and damp - which didn't make me feel like doing anything really.

Anyway, it's now been towed up to my parent's house as they have the room for me to store it for now. Getting her out of the garage was a sad affair... The paintwork is filthy, the seats were completely mouldy, all in all, not good.

Anyway, towed the car up with next to no working brakes, no front end at all, no bonnet... all in all a bit of a rolling wreck. Was very happy to not be spotted by the old bill towing on that private road. Cough.

First thing first was to clean out all the mould and ming. Used dettol to kill off any germs and now the interior is back to good condition...

Then I started to have a look and see where we got to with the engine. Bearing in mind I hadn't even looked at it since around 12 months ago...

The engine is built, turbo on, downpipe is work in progress.

To do:
    • Fit timing belt and tensioner.
    • General engine completion - fitting stuff etc.
    • Install spark plugs and coils.
    • Fit new cam sensor.
    • Pipe up turbo (oil lines).
    • Finish downpipe and screamer pipe for wastegate.
    • Re route PAS return pipe.
    • Blank of main turbo water outlet from the back of the block.
    • Fit all vac piping.
    • Pipe up and fit intercooler.
    • Fill with oil and water.
    So, not that far to go. Got on with the timing belt straight away and got it done.

Thought I'd have a quick check of the blower...

Then refitted the front end...

Now awaiting parts to be able to complete the rest...

An interesting little note for anyone who wants to blank off the turbo water source on the block - a 1.8T sump plug is just about perfect...
    s3dave, Jason.s and slowcoach3 like this.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Homer Simpson

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Congrats on the promotion....I expect there will be even more disposable cash to throw at the car now? :D

You got any idea on when your looking to get her finished by - in time for ADI?
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    Congrats on the promotion....I expect there will be even more disposable cash to throw at the car now? :D

You got any idea on when your looking to get her finished by - in time for ADI?
    It'll never be road legal mate, so getting it there would be a royal PITA.
    Homer Simpson

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    WB Welly, hows the Beemer?

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    It'll never be road legal mate, so getting it there would be a royal PITA.
    Ohhh - I didn't realise this will become a full on track car with no MOT and trailer only jobby tbh.

Silly question time But why won't she be able to be made road legal? As it would obviously make life a lot easier for ya fella - other than the additional insurance/tax/mot cost obviously.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    WB Welly, hows the Beemer?
    Which one mate? The M3s gone (as you probably know) and the 330d rocks quite frankly. Brilliant car.
    Homer Simpson

Status
    Silly question time But why won't she be able to be made road legal? As it would obviously make life a lot easier for ya fella - other than the additional insurance/tax/mot cost obviously.
    It's the additional insurance, tax, MOT, and various other costs that put me off - don't want to have to road run two cars
    Homer Simpson

Status

My Social Networking

Yeah that's fair enough....running 1 is enough for me! lol

So will you be looking at getting a trailer licence and a trailer to ferry her about? - both of which together would probably cost around a years insurance/mot/tax. I suppose at least you have a derv for the pulling power now
    2000 S3 APY

Status
    Yeah that's fair enough....running 1 is enough for me! lol

So will you be looking at getting a trailer licence and a trailer to ferry her about? - both of which together would probably cost around a years insurance/mot/tax. I suppose at least you have a derv for the pulling power now
    It was quite funny actually - I used the old derv to tow her up to my olds - it was like it wasn't actually pulling anything!
    Homer Simpson

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Welcome back Welly. Good to see you cracking on with the Audi again. What model 330d have you got? E46?
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Welcome back Welly. Good to see you cracking on with the Audi again. What model 330d have you got? E46?
    Yes mate, I wanted to get something cheapish and I only gave 5 G for it with low mileage for the year. Seemed like a plan. Me and the missus are actually getting married next year after being engaged forever, so once that's out of the way I plan to replace her with a 335D just like my brothers.

Really happy with it I have to say, made a few tweaks to it to make it work for me

Anyway.... the A3 now is running. No exhaust or even downpipe when we fired her up - so was a touch loud. She really didn't want to start either if I'm being honest - old fuel and lack of fuel rail for 12 months made it lethargic at best. She did fire eventually though, ran to temp and then shut down.

Some work done over the weekend. Got the what turns out to be enormous 4" think WellyCooler V2 mounted (with great difficulty as it weighs a ton). I'm not going to lie - it's large. Very large.

Piping the cooler in was no huge problem, usual drill with it really, but then came trying to refit the bumper... No so easy. In fact there isn't much of the original bumper left...

Some photos:

Also the downpipe is now completed from both the turbo and the external wastegate. The screamer pipe vent directly into the downpipe as there isn't much room to work with down there....

Hoping that the exhaust will be completed tonight so we can fire her up properly...
    s3dave and Jason.s like this.
    Homer Simpson

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status

Love it!
    <tuffty/> likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Status
    Thanks Prawny (taken as a compliment). I like that quote so much it's going in my sig
    Prawn likes this.
    Homer Simpson

1st Gear

Status
    flip me, the thickness of that FMIC is immense!!

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    holy hell that FMIC is mahoosive
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Revo Stg 2 & Select+, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

2nd Gear

Status
    Just read this thread word for word, gotta say great thread. Can't wait to see how it turns out, you see all the Chinese parts and think steer clear, this could change the view of the more mechanically minded owners that could replace certain parts if they do fail eventually.

Very interested to see how good the £60 440c injectors are... Currently working towards Stage 2 and I think injectors are next on the list. Not before a decent set of brakes and callipers though :-)

Nice to see you sorted out the personal problems as well mate!

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    purely for reference here Welly boots, my 440cc injectors at 3 bar were fuelling 370bhp with it only JUST starting to go lean at the very top end. with a 4 bar FPR they're fuelling 378bhp steady and true at 11.5:1 AFR with no trouble, so size wise, you'll be fine
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910