A3 rear axl

Grale1

Reaction score
So today when I was out walking back to my car I looked at the rear wheels and it looked as tho my right ( drivers side ) wheel was sticking out more the the left, it could be an illusion as the tyres are different on the back but I am wondering if my car is slightly twisted on the back or the axl is bent, is there any method of measurement u can do to see if something is bent,

So today when I was out walking back to my car I looked at the rear wheels and it looked as tho my right ( drivers side ) wheel was sticking out more the the left, it could be an illusion as the tyres are different on the back but I am wondering if my car is slightly twisted on the back or the axl is bent, is there any method of measurement u can do to see if something is bent,

I think the A3 has stub axles mounted to trailing arms. If the axle was that bad I think your wheel would have fallen off. Perhaps you've got a failed suspension bush or mount? Is the tyre wearing badly?

Best to get the 4 wheel alignment check done but I don't think the a3 is adjustable at the rear.

Someone who actually knows what they're talking about will be along soon ...

i had a wheel alignment done a few weeks ago on hunter tracker system the rear axl print out was all in green, they just look different but not sure if it the tyres to be fair.