lcr brembos

That's a good price for a set of LCRs.

Did you get any carriers with the callipers?

I'd get the 323 discs and enjoy the braking power.

yes they come with carriers, pads, braided lines.
do they fit on 312 discs?
thanks

If they are LCR carriers then no... just buy some 323mmm discs instead... the listing is suitably vague.... discs in the picture could be 312 or 232mm ca't tell... assuming that the picture is of the actual product...

LCR Brembos will have the balance tube fitted to the bottom... if it doesn't then they are GT Junior calipers

<tuffty/>

Are you sure they are LCR brembos? There are alot of other kits that have been made up around the mk4 golf faternity that use various brembo calipers from other cars and were made with brackets to fit 312mm discs. If its a propper lcr setup or a genuine brembo gt junior kit then you will need 323mm discs off the lcr. If its one the other kits that are floating around you will need to get the correct size disc the kit was built for which could be any size. The seller would be the best source of what discs you require

the disks with the kit were 312mm.
i didnt need them so he dropped the price.
this what i asked

Hi

Can you tell me from what car did the brembos come from? porsche?
and do these brakes come with the carriers?
And what size the discs are?

and the response was

Come off Leon cupra r, come with carriers and 312mm.

The Leon Cupra had 312mm discs but normal calipers (like the S3).. .the LCR had 323mm discs and brembos with a balance pipe... the Mk3 Ibiza Cupra R had 308mm discs (IIRC) and brembo jnr calipers (no external balance pipe)

They may be genuine LCR calipers but with 312mm discs the complete setup isn't from and LCR

<tuffty/>

so the brembos turned up and here they are. think there the gt juniors
IMG00050-20121026-1440.jpg

IMG00048-20121026-1439.jpg

IMG00055-20121026-1448.jpg

IMG00053-20121026-1448-2.jpg

IMG00052-20121026-1448.jpg

IMG00053-20121026-1448-1.jpg

thank you tuffy.
think i will chuck them on and see if they fit on my 312 discs
They weigh a bit to say the least, are these lighter than standard s3 calipers?

are these any good jojo?
or because they weigh so much,do they cause the back end to drift round:hubbahubba:

very odd, not LCR ones as said, the calipers look like junior GTs

but if they were junior GT's, why would they have ebay carriers and not the original GT carriers?

I'd offer them up and see how they fit mate. you can measure the distance from your 312mm disc to the edge of the pad on these calipers to work out what size discs you should have.

thank you prawn i will offer them up and see.
Ebay carriers now thats scary

nothing wrong with the carriers at all mate, they're well made from the ones I've seen from that seller.

Just interesting that they've been used. It would suggest to me that they're not orignially from a junior GT VAG kit and that it's been made up using calipers from another car.

Shouldn't be an issue at all, just worth noting.

Bargain I'd say.

thanks for the help and suggestions
i will offer them up sunday and see how they fit.
They weigh 4.4kg each

Calipers look the business. Are you going to refurb them, change the seals maybe?

Have you decided what pads to go for?

update
put these brakes on the car, pad hangs about 10mm outside the disc, so im assuming 323mm discs required.
now the bad part they will not fit under my wheels grrrrrrr.
I run 16s due to the fact i live in pot hole city. and the 16s give a better ride and only weigh 7.5 kg.
Now ive seen these wheels and they only weigh 6.7kg in 17inch form.
But it seems they only come in 4 x100pcd.
im going to mail the seller and ask when they will be available in 5x100 pcd
Lenso D1-RR Alloy Wheels - Autopart UK

Jezzy, those have ET40 so You could use wheel adapters (5x100 to 4x100).

maybe worth investing in some 312mm carriers from same seller on ebay and sell the 323mm ones on? it's just the carrier that denotes disc size on these hence caliper being suitable for 312 and 323mm disc.

thanks for the replies.
did think of the pcd idea, couldnt find the adapters. would need very light adapters,unsprung weight.
if i bought the carriers (312)just wondering if they would fit under my 16s with 312s.
Or i might just sell up and buy this HPA Motorsports Inc. - Big Brake Kits the gen1 at the bottom.
it does not list the audi s3 8l, so mailed them and asked and here is the reply i got.
Jez,

Thanks for the e-mail. The Gen.1 Haldex is compatible with your S3. We should add this to the vehicle list on the website. We do not get many questions about this car, as it was never produced in North America.

The controller is US$1099.00, and UPS freight is $90.00. Your total for one would be US$1189.00.

For international inquires, we can accept PayPal (which is easiest) or Bank Transfer as methods of payment.

Let me know if you are interested, and I will help you out.

Regards,

Darryl Scott
HPA Motorsports Inc.
T: 604-598-8520 ext. 110
F: 604-598-8760
GetInline.aspx

this works out at about £720

Jez,
their reply is about the competition haldex not the brakes. Not sure if the brembo calipers will fit your lightweight 16s, I know some 17 wheels won't fit with 312mm and 4 pot calipers, a guy on here was saying that he found that his brembo + 330mm discs fouled the S4 Avus 18 and had to use 5mm spacers to clear the spokes. So unless you know the exact combination fits, it's going to be a gamble.

You may have to bite the bullet and go 17". I'm looking for lightweight 17s too, to replace my standard 17" Avus wheels, which will get relegated to winter wheels. The lenso ones look interesting.

An alternative would be to use better pads and improve the brake cooling. Not sure which pads you are running, but most people seem to be happy with Ferodo DS2500.

Take a look here:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/22890-need-more-cooling-brakes-please.html

The only real drawback is that you won't get the quality of feel and feedback from the standard calipers as you'd get from the 4 pots.

I've got a few days off next week to mess with the car again, so you're welcome to pop by to see if the cooling kits would work for you, as I've got the bits, but haven't had the chance to try them yet.

Last edited:
Hi bud,

the gen1 controller locks the rear axle under braking, this giving much better braking.
So yes maybe some ds2500 pads coupled with the controller will give a much better step up without changing wheels, disks and pads.
The 323mm disks are extortionate in price.so more savings with the 312 setup.
im off next week so i can pop over and take a look, just let me know what day

Hi Jez,

I was actually looking at Gen 1 controllers last night funnily enough and I have come across a couple of companies in the US selling them at $999 so unless the shipping for these companies are above $190 (which i highly doubt) then there are still a few more pounds to be shaved off :)

May be see if you can get a group buy as well...I'm sure there are a few members who would be very interested in one

Im in on the group buy, been wanting one of the new controllers as like said, they engage the back when braking.

Im in on the group buy, been wanting one of the new controllers as like said, they engage the back when braking.

And if we could get them sorted soonish they could arrive just in time for the winter weather :D

hi
i was trying to find a someone in the uk to buy from(no luck to date)
When they come from the states there is 20% duty which jacks up the price quite a lot.
will continue the search for this controller here, if no luck i will ask about a group buy.
just depends how many are interested, maybe some of the other companies could more understanding about the duty?

if the carriers were designed for 323's the pads would only hang out about 5mm...

If its sticking out 10mm it sounds like its designed for 330's.

Either way, you should simply be able to have the lugs on the mount machined down to move the caliper inboard. Wether they'll clear your rims still wont be guaranteed ofcourse.

HPA will match or beat all competitors' prices on Haldex...IM or e-mail me for a quote
interesting?

Get them to match this one then in the US if you do go for it and can't get a group buy discount

Haldex Gen 1

Also...if you get them to send it as a 'gift' or know someone in the US who can send it to you, then you can avoid the 20% duty that customs will try and sting you with.

I will mail hpa and ask how many for group buy and what discount we could get.
i would like to trial this prouduct very much

What's the difference between the blue controller and competition one mate? Do they both fit the 8L S3 as I thought there was only one that did tbh and then you bought the switch as an add on :unsure:

the difference is the blue disengages under braking where the competition does not.
they both send torque to the rear wheels before they spin, they work on throttle position rather than wheel spin.
the competition mimics a proper 4 wheel drive quattro (torsion)

Cheers Jez,

Sounds like competition is the way forward then :)

Edit : pun was not intended lol

Get them to match this one then in the US if you do go for it and can't get a group buy discount

Haldex Gen 1

Also...if you get them to send it as a 'gift' or know someone in the US who can send it to you, then you can avoid the 20% duty that customs will try and sting you with.

Scrub the link above as that's the performance controller...however this one is competition for $99 less than HPA

Haldex Audi/VW Diff Controllers | Audi TT (MK1) / VW R32 (MK4) Haldex AWD Competition Controller