Good day ended bad......

VAGMAN1

Reaction score
Got my alarm siren fixed at last this morning, at a cost of next to nothing - good

Got a piece of trimmed re--attached the right way this afternoon - good

Hit a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif piece of kerb this evening which sliced the front driver's tyre sidewall - BAD

Instant puncture plus it was lovely and wet outside.......

What has made me angry is that the piece of kerb was part of a square (about 50cm2) and was the cornerpiece of a small car park on a housing estate............yet there are 3 other corner pieces and the square is unmarked - i.e. has no bollard on top and the kerb isn't painted white.

What I'm getting at is that it's by a narrow road, and you're forced to move over towards the square due to parked cars yet it's unmarked.

Any ideas who's responsible for this - Highways dept. or the local council??? Whichever will be getting a letter plus claim for a cost of a new tyre!

Sh!t mate, that's bad, sorry to hear it.

There's a curb like that right near my house... every time you turn left you have to drive way out into the road it exits onto just to miss it. The trouble is, the road it exits onto is a main road and I've lost count of the number of times people have either sounded their horn at me or I've had near misses because some **** doesn't remember how bad the curb is. Not sure why, they all do the same going the other way.

Hope you get it sorted soon...

T

What was wrong with your siren? Reason i ask is because mine is not sounding at the moment when the alarm is triggered. Just wondered what you did to sort it??

Cheers

quite simply got another - from a scrapyard!

my siren was like your's - not doing anything. I got an auto electrics garage to take the unit apart as I was damned if I was paying £80 for what is essentially a speaker plus rechargable batteries. They did find a battery pack that they could have attached to the outside of the unit, but it turned out the speaker/siren was bust (probably due to having sat in a bath of windscreen washer fluid for a couple of weeks, when the pipe to the rear bust).

So, what I suggest is try and find out what has caused it to go wrong i.e. have you also had a leaking rear washer pipe (it passes right by the alarm siren). If not, chances are the batteries are kaput - in which case take it to an auto electrics place and they could probably fix it for you for under £30 by replacing the batteries!

Nice one VAGMAN. I try the local auto electrics place first then.