S3 mtm conversion help hole in part of downpipe

Goubo1

Reaction score
Hi guys was wondering if anyone knows if it would be possible to patch this up if so how ?,or do I need a brand new part the pipe,this pipe is attached to the external waste gate I believe

74BFCC0B-71CC-456C-9D49-1D3C174BC74F-1329-000000CD02B8296E.jpg

Looks like a bad flexi joint. Suggest you remove the dp, cut the crap flexi joint out and get a proper one welded in. You can buy them off the bay or I'm sure good exhaust shops sell them

Cheers for the reply mate,do you know what type of flexi joint I need in terms of size etc and I will order 1

No idea what size your dp is! I guess maybe 2.5 or 3" but until you remove it you won't be sure or could measure it situ . If you look on eBay a 3" flexi exhaust joint is about £25.

No idea what size your dp is! I guess maybe 2.5 or 3" but until you remove it you won't be sure or could measure it situ . If you look on eBay a 3" flexi exhaust joint is about £25.

sound mate cheers,do you think I should buy new gaskets for the downpipe or think I could get away with reusing them ? As I don't really know what down pipe it is

Pm'd but for future reference of anyone else the MTM kit uses rs2/s2 gaskets, wastegate and very simular turbo ;)