N249 bypass

quattro18t

Reaction score
Hi guys
just bought a 1999 audi a3 quattro 1.8t to run over the winter,been looking into the n249 bypass,could anyone help me with this?
thanks

There is a guide I did about 3 million years ago in the stickies. I could link it but can't be *****...

Reactions: AudiS3-Turbo and Westy
Did this mod the other week with some odds and sods of hose i had lying around my shed. I only really bothered as the bracket for my vac chamber was missing and it was bugging me having it flop around on the top of my engine.

As has been said, plenty of guides around including a couple in the stickies section. Its really fairly simple once you get stuck in.

I liked the clear pics in this guide - GolfGTIforum.co.uk - An independent forum for Volkswagen Golf GTI enthusiasts.

Only thing with that guide is that they T into the FPR feed which is advised against so use the other one instead.

Can the N249 valve be mapped out? I've just left mine connected in at the moment to keep the ECU happy.

​Beware this mod. With the N249 gone you lose a lot of refinement in the pedal response. The car will feel jerky and hard to drive smoothly. You'll find yourself apologizing to passengers a lot.

You sure about that?

Mine is silky smooth, but could be down to the mapping?

I had read some people mentioning some jerkiness whilst reading up on it but personally i didnt notice any difference before or after. (bog standard car)

It sharpens the response to the dv. I've had mine done and no jerkiness! Did you leave it electronically connected? You can remove the valve but you'll need a resistor of some sort (it's in the sticky welly provided).

tried this on mine but didnt work left me with a flutter valve, checked all pipes and connections and was all right but didnt work for some reason but as others have said it did feel worse without it.

You want to check the pipes to the DV. Have you made sure that youve kept it connected and you havnt broken the n112 valve?

sure did m8 checked everything twice even took it to local garage and they said it was all connected fine so just put it back to normal and kept the silicone pipes and been all fine

I did mine the other day, it's pretty simple. Didn't really change much as in jerkyness? I put a resistor in the plug :)

I dont know if it's just me but the dv sounds a little louder?..

me neither it all looks the same as they way i originally did it, will just leave it not causing any problems if it aint broke dont fix it.