Bill Please waiter - Time to sell up i think

bioharry

Reaction score
Due to changing circumstances (having a GF 30miles away and wanting to spend lots of time together) I can’t afford to run the S3 anymore.

So would you kind chaps give me an estimation of what my baby is worth.

2001 Audi S3 Facelift
210bhp AMK engine - Never chipped
Black Leather
ECS Porsche Boxter S Brake upgrade and 312mm rear upgrade
Totally mint inside and out.
No Bose or heated seats or arm rest sadly.

Thanks

Sam

[ QUOTE ]
Got to be asked. Fancy selling the front brakes on their own?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing lol, I NEED THEM MORE THAN YOU MARK! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Would like to leave them on the car as the standard stuff needed doing so i would be looking at some more expense but please give me an estimate on both.

Oh btw does anyone have any views on the bmw 330d? Wrong place to ask i feel :)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing lol, I NEED THEM MORE THAN YOU MARK! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No you don't I need them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Would like to leave them on the car as the standard stuff needed doing so i would be looking at some more expense but please give me an estimate on both.

Oh btw does anyone have any views on the bmw 330d? Wrong place to ask i feel :)

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice machine, needs chipping though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

BMW 330d is a great car! borrowed my dad's over x-mas! soooo much torque... if i had the money thats the car i'd buy. it also returned 55mpg on the motorway doing 90mph!

not the wrong place to ask, a lot of ppl on here have gone through cars like that and i for one work on them lol. very good strong cars though, engine and body wise..

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They are the wrong one for you Mark. S3/TT brakes have a different offset.

RIch

There's alot of people selling up at the moment,shame really.
Now i've got evo power and audi luxury there's no way i'd sell.What else could you buy??

Forgot to add it has 12months third party warranty at top level cover.

So anyone like to hazard a guess as to the price as i have no idea what to look for.

no good asking here we all love the S3 and would probably over value it! I paid about£11.5k for a FSH 47k miler with all the toys, heated seats, Bose, MTM remap, Milltek, sachs in mint condition but no big brakes, sounds like you have a nice set there and I can confirm the S3 could do with improving in that department!

[ QUOTE ]
Forgot to add it has 12months third party warranty at top level cover.

So anyone like to hazard a guess as to the price as i have no idea what to look for.

[/ QUOTE ]

What mileage has it got on it mate?

Kev.

65K miles All motorway though. Shown by the 20k service intervals.

Would you guys pay extra for a car that has sorted brakes over a car that is standard?

Hmmm... Most extra's tend not to increase the value of a second hand car, just make it more saleable.

It may add afew ££ to the price, but probably no where near what you would have paid for them.

If there were 2 similar cars, one with the brakes and one without, I'd take yours for a slightly higher premium.

Kev.

Anyone got a guess as to what I can ask for it please.

Thinking of puting it on Ebay, anyone know the fee's that ebay charge?

Ebay take a percentage of the final sale fee, i think it's something like 6% but i might be wrong.

the best place to check your price is parkers of glasses, some of them do an additional service for £3 ish where you can specify all the options etc and it will give you a more realistic idea of what to expect.

I had a quick look on autotrader and most of the 2001 s3's seem to vary between 10 - 15k.

There do seem to be quite a few for sale at the moment, it might be a daft qusetion but what colour is it as some of the rare cars such as merlin purple and noggy blue tend to get a bit more over others like goodwood green

ok - just saw that its a noggy blue one - DOH!!

I think jedi knight was selling his for around 14k and thats noggy blue so might be a good basis for your price.

i based my price on autotrader prices... noggys seem to go for higher price than black or silver aswell... also full black leather seems to be more desireable than half with alcantara. the brakes wont add any value... you may aswell try to px them with someone who wants an upgrade and get a couple of hundred and their standard brakes.

mine is on 51k and IMO is pretty mint. for your milage ... if it was mint then id say £12750-£13500.. just depends who is buying at the time.. how good your advert is and how good the pictures you take for the advert are.

good luck

If you can't afford a sixty mile round trip, best advice I can offer is to your girlfriend.

Dump the guy he's broke.

Best advice to you, dump the girl, in the long run the car will cost you a lot less. Especially when she give's you the sack when you had a couple of kids together.

Believe me I've been there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif