Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

logging attempt - is this ok?

Well, I have bought myself a vagcom cable off ebay and downloaded ross tec lite, and attempted to do a few logs.

Being 100% honest I dont really know what I should be logging so these are random ones that I found the lite version would allow me to log.

Do they look ok?

Anyone else have the lite versio know what other blovks are useful to log?

Thanks in advance

REVO Stage 2, Eibach anti roll bar kit, forge 007p diverter valve (yellow spring), Badger5 turbo intake pipe with Jetex filter and Neuspeed heat shield, Forge upper bost hoses, N75, DV and Cam breather hoses, XS Power 3" downpipe 200cell cat and 3" cat back system, Apex 30mm springs, N249 bypass, Oil catch can and PVC delete, Front Mount Intercooler............

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Freeze the window on the row below the headers, scroll to the first row of actual logging run then use snipping tool to cut just the bit you need as you are missing headers so no idea what the values relate too and due to whole screen in shot the resoultion is rubbish... I have old eyes

I normally aim for something like this..

...makes it easier to read

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    ...also... do runs in third gear from 2k rpm... bury the throttle and keep it buried until redline (or as legally/safe as you can to the redline)... needs to be like this to get a consistent amount of data..

Blocks...
    http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/m_blocks/

As for what to log it would be useful to know what the car is (model/year), mods etc and what you are looking for (do you have any issues or fault codes...)

Which blocks to log vary depending on the model/year and what issues you are trying to diagnose

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    ...also... do runs in third gear from 2k rpm... bury the throttle and keep it buried until redline (or as legally/safe as you can to the redline)... needs to be like this to get a consistent amount of data..

Blocks...
    http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/m_blocks/

As for what to log it would be useful to know what the car is (model/year), mods etc and what you are looking for (do you have any issues or fault codes...)

Which blocks to log vary depending on the model/year and what issues you are trying to diagnose

<tuffty/>

Heres a log in third gear showing qwhat I thi k is air mass?

Car is 51 plate S3 amk REVO stage1.
    Being honest I was just playing about as im trying to learn how to use vcds, I dont have any issues with the car or anything

Thanks for your help tufty
    REVO Stage 2, Eibach anti roll bar kit, forge 007p diverter valve (yellow spring), Badger5 turbo intake pipe with Jetex filter and Neuspeed heat shield, Forge upper bost hoses, N75, DV and Cam breather hoses, XS Power 3" downpipe 200cell cat and 3" cat back system, Apex 30mm springs, N249 bypass, Oil catch can and PVC delete, Front Mount Intercooler............

1st Gear

Status

And heres a trimmed one of another 3rd gear pull, dont know what its logging to be honest ha ha.

Sorry for being such a newbie, Im just keen to learn how to use VCDS and keen to know everythings as it should be with the car

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty_24 View Post
    Heres a log in third gear showing qwhat I thi k is air mass?

Car is 51 plate S3 amk REVO stage1.
    Being honest I was just playing about as im trying to learn how to use vcds, I dont have any issues with the car or anything

Thanks for your help tufty
    Airflow looks healthy... can tell its got a B5 tip ;P

<tuffty/>

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    Airflow looks healthy... can tell its got a B5 tip ;P

<tuffty/>
    The TIP is unreal, it sounds like small children and small animals could be sucked in the intake now ha ha!
    As I have the lite version can you recommend any blocks I can log to make sure everything's running ok?

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Ross-Tech: VCDS: Function Table

Shareware Limitation(s):

• You can only view groups 001-025. Groups 000 and 026-255 are blocked

Useful blocks... 001, 003, 020, 031, 032, 112, 115, 118... most of which sadly your version won't read... get it registered... its the best money you can spend modding your car... other than a B5 tip and you already have that ;P

<tuffty/>

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    all that airflow yet you get 240hp on the rollers.
    i know the lottery applies but that is odd.

at least you can rest knowing its healthy.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    all that airflow yet you get 240hp on the rollers.
    i know the lottery applies but that is odd.

at least you can rest knowing its healthy.
    Tell me about it. I've spoke to others that ran that day any about 90% believe they are running 10-20 BHP more than what they ran on the rollers.
    If the rollers were reading low I could take that as my car running 250-260 bhp.
    your right though, the air flow seems great after reading various threads, and the car is running sweet as a nut
    ive taken the advise of not worrying about the numbers, the car is amazing to drive.