Wing Advice ??

A3 T

Lord Of The Rings
Reaction score
I want to change my front wings as they are now looking a bit beat up, the trouble is the only ones i see for sale are for pre-facelift.

So a few questions to help my search are.........

Will the wings off a 3 door car fit a 5 door car?

I've phone up a few breakers and they say they have got some in dark blue but don't have a paint code.

Is there anywhere that will show the names of the paint codes by year of car...etc ?

Last one....lol

my car is ming blue pearlescent, Does ming blue only come in pearlescent or is that something else i need to worry about?

Sorry for all the questions....lol

Hi dude, pre and post front wings are the same, ming blue is LZU paint code i think and also theres something in the stickies about paint codes.

Get the face lift lights and put the xenon kit in, they look the shiz.

Yes the 3 and 5 door wings are the same.

Paint codes are printed on the chassis/vehicle designation sticker that is under the boot carpet.

There are three variants of Ming blue, so you'll need to get the right paint code. LZ5L is the most common.

Hi dude, pre and post front wings are the same, ming blue is LZU paint code i think and also theres something in the stickies about paint codes.

Thanks for the reply mate ;)

The paint code for ming blue is LZ5L but the breakers just don't know the code when i phone them.

I want the wings to be from a facelift so they have the correct indicators....etc

What I'm trying to find out is, If i for example i see some wings on a website or a breakers and they look like ming blue wings but they don't know the paint code.

Will i just be taking a chance that they are ming blue or will i be taking a chance that they are ming blue and pearlescent ?

I could have probable explained that a lot better....LOL

Yes the 3 and 5 door wings are the same.

Paint codes are printed on the chassis/vehicle designation sticker that is under the boot carpet.

There are three variants of Ming blue, so you'll need to get the right paint code. LZ5L is the most common.

Thanks mate ;)

Do you know what the other variants are and if they were an option with my year of a3 ?

Edit: I know where the sticker is and where it is in the handbook but most of the breakers I've called just say they take some parts off and crush the car so they don't have any paint codes (probably just too lazy to go and have a look).

No cockface20vt don't tell him that, because you're wrong and you'll cost him money.

Pre and post facelift wings are NOT the same. Facelift wings have different metal formings around the light and different side repeaters.

wing.jpg

Compared to a facelift wing -

mApYsiDZmEirU-CEhGj-DSg.jpg

Reactions: camscockle20vT
Haha my bad, thought they where the same, when i done a front end repair we changed the lights to face lift and it all kind of fitted with tie wraps ;).

Sorry for the bad info dude. Pissflappe to the rescue :p

Haha my bad, thought they where the same, when i done a front end repair we changed the lights to face lift and it all kind of fitted with tie wraps ;).

Sorry for the bad info dude. Pissflappe to the rescue :p

No problems bro, you tried to be helpful and that's all that matters.

Love you. :wub:

I've been looking around and i can only find one ming blue for the a3 :think:

Probably a silly question but I'm going to ask it anyway...lol

When changing the wing will i need to take the bumper off :think: