S3 rear speakers not working but sub is?

JNP

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I tried searching for this issue but couldn't find much on it.

Basically I have a standard sound set up in my S3 (non bose) and a concert 1 single CD head unit. The front speakers are working fine but the rear ones aren't. The sub in the boot is working but the rear speakers don't make any noise what so ever.

Has anyone heard of this before? Is there a control board in the sub which might be broken?

Thanks,

Afaik the little amp in the boot area runs the subs and the rear speakers. I could be wrong on this.
If you need rear speakers or the amp let me know,although mine is Bose, you can have mine for free but will need to pay postage from Dubai. I recently sent some parts to another member on ASN and 3kg cost about 40 GBP via EMS post.

There is no amp on non-Bose sound systems as far as I know. Could the head unit be at fault?

I'm pretty sure the non Bose setup doesn't have an amp. These seems odd because the speakers are powered from the sub which is working fine. Might have to get a second hand sub to try it out...

Non Bose, the rear sub has a built in amp for the rear speakers and the sub, it's about the size of a cigarette pack! These do fail occasionally, and a new(used) sub is what you need.

Non Bose, the rear sub has a built in amp for the rear speakers and the sub, it's about the size of a cigarette pack! These do fail occasionally, and a new(used) sub is what you need.

Cheers jojo, sounds like i better get on that then mate!