Adjusting headlights for Europe/S3

mdwyer

Reaction score
Hi,
I know this question has been asked before but even with a search i still can't find it.
Thanks Merdock

Take off the headlight covers under the bonnet, near the top you'll find a small metal lever, you need to move this over to it's other location (for driving on the right).

It's tight, fiddley and a ****** the first time you try and do it. Dealer will do it for you FOC.

Kev.

Oh right - does this mean you don;t need those sticky headlamp converter thingies then?

Says he who is about to go to France next week in his S3 and to whom it had never occurred that the lights might be manually adjustable!

does anyone know if this is true for the pre-facelift S3 and have any pics of what to do, just I'm thinking I might go over to europe for a week at the end of the month and that would be kinda helpful

If you have time tomorrow take the cover off inside the bonnet (drivers side is easier as the battery gets in the way on the passenger side), see if you can feel a lever.

Kev.

Here are some pics of the levers on the halogen and gas discharge type headlights.

headlightlever017df.jpg

headlightlever022de.jpg

I can't say if the non facelift lights have this option, but it should be easy enough to check.

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd post an update, I checked this on my car, and what is said above is correct for pre-facelift 2000 S3s but... and it's a big but... I could not get the cover off the battery side as the battery gets in the way, I also asked Aston Green Audi to do it when my car was in having the track rod changed - they wanted £95 to change it, not sure if that was to change it then back again.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif sprung to mind

anyone have any suggestions, is it take the lights out or take the battery out to sort?