Are the A3 sport seats made by recaro ????

Yes i agree, they are exactly the same, from what i was told these seats are Recaro's like u say just without the badge! and they are very comfortable and how u in well, esp when u zapp the elecy button to full stiffness, pulls ya back right in.

man, i had no idea a SEAT looked so nasty inside. They have managed to take all the VAG bits, paint them red, and somehow create a pile.

I had a lot of time for these cars based on their mean exterior, but that hideous usage of the 'R' on the steering wheel was the last straw...

The earlier a3 "sport" seats are not recaro.

But the later ones are I believe. If you have the "dip" in the back rest where the head rest slots into then these should be recaros.

Golfs also have these later type seats.

I don't remember my 98 A3 sport having anywhere as decent seats as the facelifted ones, but maybe wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't remember my 98 A3 sport having anywhere as decent seats as the facelifted ones, but maybe wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I have the older "sport" seats and I don't like them.

I'm thinking about selling my front leather seats to fund a set of TT or later type as there seem to be a fair few on ebay.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I have the older "sport" seats and I don't like them.

I'm thinking about selling my front leather seats to fund a set of TT or later type as there seem to be a fair few on ebay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will the TT seats fit the A3? As there seem to be loads of them available, but the S3 ones are few and far between and expensive.

I have these later style seats and think they are great - holds u in when spinning on roundabouts and very comfy on longer drives too
they look exactly the same as the LCR ones above but no recaro badge

[ QUOTE ]
Will the TT seats fit the A3? As there seem to be loads of them available, but the S3 ones are few and far between and expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to do a bit of research on this one.

I'll let you know what I find out, unless someone knows already.

[quote

[/ QUOTE ]

there are loads of them as there not very good

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to do a bit of research on this one.

I'll let you know what I find out, unless someone knows already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers, but by the looks of it Fingermouse has answered why people don't want the TT seats.

Also found out that they aren't a straight fit. The runners are different apparently.

I think I'll just keep an eye out for facelift jobbies, or MK4 golf leather items as they will fit okay.

Thanks for all the responses guys,

I should have pointed out that I've got a 52 plate TDI sport - with recaro's no less!!! - woohoo!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

IMO - They are great, really comfy and do hold you in place extremely well.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif