Exhaust front flexi pipe

Markb

Reaction score
Has anyone else had problems with this breaking? The welds on mine had broken above and below the flexi and the surround had fallen off.

Anyway It's all sorted now as I cut the old one out and welded a new one in place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif (Not paying Audi prices for a new front pipe with CAT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif )

It must have been leaking before though, as the car feels like it pulls much harder when the Turbo comes on boost. (God knows how long it had been like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif )

So is this a common problem or just mine?

Cheers Mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone else had problems with this breaking? The welds on mine had broken above and below the flexi and the surround had fallen off.

Anyway It's all sorted now as I cut the old one out and welded a new one in place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif (Not paying Audi prices for a new front pipe with CAT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif )

It must have been leaking before though, as the car feels like it pulls much harder when the Turbo comes on boost. (God knows how long it had been like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

never heard of that before! How weird

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

never heard of that before! How weird

[/ QUOTE ]

My car must be special /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif I suppose is one way of looking at it.

I've heard about it before.

With stock engine mounts the engine moves quite a lot, and specially during hard launches.

I've change my stock downpipe (and cat) for a 3" stainless steel one, and *had* to change engine mounts (else the pipe touched like everything .-)

[ QUOTE ]
I've got the uprated dog bone mount, but no others.

What others have you got?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only dog bone, which helped _a lot_ :)

Snap. Have the 3" d/p on my S3 and it hit everywhere until I put the dogbone mount on. Have a little leak from it somewhere though. Have to whip it off. Easier said than done.

Chris.