Volks AutosEM Tuning

Thread: Kevs 8L Audi S3

Reverse Gear

Status

Kevs 8L Audi S3

Needed a replacement for my Octavia VRS TDI so with my greatly reduced weekly commute this seemed the best mix of performance and practicality for my budget.
    So after realising there wasn't very much available here in Ireland in the condition I wanted for any kind of reasonable money I headed to Edinburgh last Sunday morning and picked up this.
    The cars a "Ming Blue" Facelift 2001 AMK engine with 115k miles on the clock which came Folder full Audi service receipts including a lot of recent work on common S3 faults at this age and mileage.
    Overall the car is in quiet good condition for its age, there are a few very minor areas of the paint which I will hopefully give attention to in the coming months but nothing too noticable. Interior is in good condition overall with none of the usual wear on buttons and facia seen in S3's of this generation.
    The wheels could do with a refurb but as they came with practically new Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres on them I think I will get the winter out of them before I decide on whether I will refurb or change them.
    I don't plan on going mad on the mods with this, I'm impressed with how sure footed the the standard suspension is so that will be staying. I have fitted a Badger 5 TIP and performance air filter so that along with a Joe Power remap should more than satisfy my power needs. Other than H&R spacers front and back I think will just be a case maintaining it and enjoy driving it.

Few pics after a "quick" wash:

2. # ADS
    ADS

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Congrats mate ,,,looks a fine example..

5th Gear

Status

Kevs 8L Audi S3

Best colour!

Ming Blue S3, Stage 3 Hybrid Turbo, Custom Map, Bosch 480 injectors, Custom TIP, Forge FMIC, 3" Downpipe, 200 Cell Sport CAT, Full Stainless, XS Power Mani, 6 Paddle Clutch, Red silicone hoses, LCR Brembo's, Forge 007p, KW Suspension Kit, Green filter, THS Mounts, 11mm & 16mm spacers, H&R Anti-roll bars, RS6 18" alloys, Michelin PS3's, Red Dog Bone Mount, Neuspeed quickshift, Boost Gauge, Aero wipers, LCR splitter, Forge Tie-bars, LED bulbs, Armrest, Custom TT pedals.

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Looks nice mate, shame its the most unreliable colour haha. Sorry just couldn't resist lol.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

5th Gear

Status
    Looks like a nice example. Only odd thing is you have full width rubber seals along the front of your bonnet whereas most S3s have shorter ones that are only the width of the head lights:

Guess what I drive...

Status

My Social Networking

Add Vex182 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Looks like a nice example. Only odd thing is you have full width rubber seals along the front of your bonnet whereas most S3s have shorter ones that are only the width of the head lights:
    Perhaps a early post facelift thing? Any preface lifts got them? My 02 is the small ones.
    Silver 2002 Audi S3 225 (BAM) since March 2011.

Mods: Badger5 2.2 TIP, Jetex filter, PCV delete, 710 DV, Standard N249 in use, R-Tech Stage 1 TiV Remap, Audi TT Pedals, Red Dogbone, Polybushed tie arms. All silicone boost pipes, Michelin PS3s, Red V6 coil packs, MK4 flat blade conversion, retrofited cruise control.
    Currently: 254bhp - 276lb/ft (174bhp/ton) as of 11/02/2013 On V-Power

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Nope, my preface is the short ones.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

Guess what I drive...

Status

My Social Networking

Add Vex182 on Facebook
    Sounds like luck of the draw then. I know tuffy was saying to me the other day that he things the full ones are A3 ones.
    Silver 2002 Audi S3 225 (BAM) since March 2011.

Mods: Badger5 2.2 TIP, Jetex filter, PCV delete, 710 DV, Standard N249 in use, R-Tech Stage 1 TiV Remap, Audi TT Pedals, Red Dogbone, Polybushed tie arms. All silicone boost pipes, Michelin PS3s, Red V6 coil packs, MK4 flat blade conversion, retrofited cruise control.
    Currently: 254bhp - 276lb/ft (174bhp/ton) as of 11/02/2013 On V-Power

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vex182 View Post
    Sounds like luck of the draw then. I know tuffy was saying to me the other day that he things the full ones are A3 ones.
    Never notice that till now, had a look at some pics of others and it looks like they are mainly the short ones with the odd full length.

The thread below has a few examples of the long one's including Tuffy's which as you say may have come from an A3.

Show your engine bay

4th Gear

Status
    I have none of those seals on a MY02 AMK S3. If anyone has a part number for them I'd be interested as I want some.

EDIT: Oh - I forgot to say my old '98 A3 had full length ones.

S3 AMK 2002. Only 203 BHP left in my poor little engine, currently searching for the 7 missing horses.
    Mods: Powerflex bushes at the front and rear, 710P DV, ambient light module, Badger5 V3 TIP, S2000 Filter.

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status

Kevs 8L Audi S3

Ming blue is a nice colour when clean. That looks black in the pics.

Those headlight rubbers come from the dealer full length like that I you order them new and you're meant to cut them down if you want to. Out of the factory they are already cut down.

The only reason I know this is because tuffty bought some new ones and he had left them full length too.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    Looking well Kev - did you pay the 'man' yet? - i think i might go order some full length rubbers from the stealers,i have the short ones too and the always come loose.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane-Ireland View Post
    Looking well Kev - did you pay the 'man' yet? - i think i might go order some full length rubbers from the stealers,i have the short ones too and the always come loose.
    Thanks Shane, funnily enough I met the "man" this morning, I told him he won't be getting a cent until my 30 days are up!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Ha ha - how did he take it?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Kinda looked at me a bit strangly but "he" made the rules, all I can do is abide!!

1st Gear

Status
    ha ha

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Full width seals were the only ones available from the dealer when I went for a new set... they told me they were the ones listed for my chassis number..

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    Full width seals were the only ones available from the dealer when I went for a new set... they told me they were the ones listed for my chassis number..

<tuffty/>
    Have you got the part number?

I tried to order something like this a while back and it came 'full length' (8L9823711) i.e. was meant to be cut but it ended up being the small gasket bit that goes on the rear edge of the slam panel. Not the nice soft rubbery things to go on top of the lights.

S3 AMK 2002. Only 203 BHP left in my poor little engine, currently searching for the 7 missing horses.
    Mods: Powerflex bushes at the front and rear, 710P DV, ambient light module, Badger5 V3 TIP, S2000 Filter.