Retro fitting an egt sensor?????????????

phil miller

Reaction score
Had a little chat thro messages with Niki at R tech about mapping mine, he has suggested retro fitting an EGT sensor, now i know the sensor goes in the back of the turbo and i would have thought the wiring goes to the ECU but has anyone ever done this and more over do they have any info/wiring diagrams for doing this?

P.S mine is now running so i wanna get this done asap

As far as i know you will need a wideband ME7.5 ECU to start with.....

Congrats at getting it fired up ....:thumbsup:

Hmm ME7.5, what ECU do you think will be in my ARY 2001 quattro?

Thank you mate, boss was off all day so just after lunch i started refitting the coolant pipes, that led to the aux belt and tensioner, batt, gear selector, then it would have been rude not to grab a filter out of stores, add oil and G12 and turn the key lol, just the FMIC and the TIP hose layouts to sort

Search for 'vag documents' in google... this will come up with a link to a google docs public folder containing various wiring diags etc... there is one for an AMK ecu... will have all the details you need...

Should be noted the EGT sensor is around 170 quid new...

<tuffty/>

Search for 'vag documents' in google... this will come up with a link to a google docs public folder containing various wiring diags etc... there is one for an AMK ecu... will have all the details you need...

Should be noted the EGT sensor is around 170 quid new...

<tuffty/>

Thank you Tuffty/ your a star, Niki has said he can add EGT to the map to help keep it safe, i dont know much about tuned cars but if fitting it will keep it safe then i will give it a go

They were fitted to the wideband 210/225's for a reason so makes sense to use it... fuelling/protection strategy uses it in the map..

<tuffty/>

They were fitted to the wideband 210/225's for a reason so makes sense to use it... fuelling/protection strategy uses it in the map..

<tuffty/>

**cough** and the full story below........................

and the reason why 210/225 got wideband and egt was so they could run lambda 1 as long as they could and fuel dump when they had to..... EMISSIONS related

vag chose not to use kflbts on 210/225 cars with egt.. yet others also wideband were enabled as std.. enriching progressively with increasing load triggered by an egt measurement from lambda as opposed egt sensor...

Earlier and concurrent non k04 widebands having their maps based on egts derived from lambda temps and using maps to switch and enrich based on those temps.....

you can clearly trace inconsistencies between vag tuning teams across their me7 platforms.. some weird variances at times.. not even bosch/vag have been consistent