mkiv supra wheel's on my s3

sim1987

smoke em all
Reaction score
Hi all , i had a look through the search bar and couldn't find an answer to this, so any help is much appreciated.

I currently have a set of BBS LM wheel,s on my S3 18x45x225 with 20mm spacers, but want to change them for a set of Ray's enginering wheels that i had on my old mkiv supra i think the front will be ok as they are 17x45x235 but the rear tyre's are 17x45x255
i know i will need adapters to fit these but is there enough room in the arches to take the width on the rear, i think the adaptor's are 20mm thick.

these are the wheel's in question they have been refurbished since this photo was taken.
257044 216332118405821 6867570 o

thank's

Last edited:
They look ****e mate, dont bother. Id keep the lm's on.

Just do what you want, it's YOUR car! For the fronts, you will need an offset of ET25-30, rears ET20-25 at a guess to make it all fit. I would think they will only look good if the S3 sits very low.

tryed fitting them thats how i know i need adaptors, The supra wheels are 17x45x255 offset is 5x114.3 ,PCD 61.5mm, the reason im changing is because the bbs wheels are nackered well the two rear's are slightly buckled, and i don't have the money to buy new bbs wheels bit pricey, the only reason i ask is i am not sure if the arches will take the 255 wide tyre and not rube as for ride height that can easily be lowered more just depends on how they look. the supra was painted by a friend of my dad's really looked great but i think it was a marmite thing you either hated it or loved it.

255's on the rear will be fine bud, just need the correct offset to clear wheel arch and rear shock.

Just had a look at your tyre sizes, the rolling radius would be wrong for front and rear, so your Haldex 4wd system might go funny if fitted! You need 255/40s to make them work.

255's on the rear will be fine bud, just need the correct offset to clear wheel arch and rear shock.

Just had a look at your tyre sizes, the rolling radius would be wrong for front and rear, so your Haldex 4wd system might go funny if fitted! You need 255/40s to make them work.

Thanks for that mate didn't think about the haldex system :thumbsup:, all this is due to one moment of madness, can't belive am having to replace my lm's gutted :crying:. i had another idea that would be better but just cost a bit, just seen the price of the adapters £150 a pair so new wheels might be a better idea,

KGrHqNl8FP T0KRjBQZv29JClg60 12
Maby a set of these on streched tyres with a bit more camber :cool:, they are going for around 3-400 on ebay.