Sky InsuranceChris Nott

Thread: Coilovers

imported_Wicked666

Coilovers

Its between FK coilovers and H&R coilovers. Is the extra Ł300 or so for the H&R's worth it?

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_VaulterTim

Re: Coilovers

It depends which FK's you're talking about, there are three different variants.

Anything H&R is the nuts though... reinforced by the fact that the record lap at the Nurburgring is held by a Porsche with H&R Coilovers fitted [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Had the same decision to make myself recently, still not bought any though! Will probably go for H&R's once I have a finalised price on a few other things I am hoping to buy at the same time. I'm just waiting for the guy to get back to me...

The other option you may want to seriously consider are the Bilstein PSS9's... awesome kit.

Cheers

Tim

Status

From a pure quality point of view, I'd consider KW...they are the best assembled I've ever seen.
    Their back up and technical people are superb...but I've never tried them. Yet.

HTC
    6th Gear

Status

I bought a set of FK highsports. I got them a t a good price which I just couldn't pass up.

I've been doing a fair bit of reading about FK products in the VW forums and many people seem to be happy with them.

But deffo consider the KW's or maybe the FK "silverline" range which are stainless like the KW's.

imported_VaulterTim

[ QUOTE ]
    From a pure quality point of view, I'd consider KW...they are the best assembled I've ever seen.
    Their back up and technical people are superb...but I've never tried them. Yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd forgtten about those actually, good call.

I saw them for the first time a few weeks back and they do look good. Still not heard any reports though so still a little sceptical.

Anyone?

FK Silverlines were the ones I was going to plump for but I don't think they're adjustable on the car. Bilsteins are, not sure about the H&R that I want. They do offer a set that are but I don't think their better lines (the Ultras) include it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Maybe it'll be KW's after all... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

T

Neutral

Status

What about Koni?

I got Koni coilovers on my TQ and it's really a nice combination of comfort and 'racing'. (adustable rideheigt and rebound)

imported_VaulterTim

The FK's actually use Koni dampers and they're better quality than the Koni struts in my opinion [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

imported_Wicked666

Next question. The Silverline FK's have adjustable damping and the Highsports do not. Is adjustable damping really required?

HTC
    6th Gear

Status

Silverline are stainless versions of the highsport with set damping.

Silverline X are stainless versions of the konigsports.

I would say that if you do alot of track days, then yes, adjustable damping is a good idea.

If you tend to drive the same roads and are not intending to use your car on the track then you probably don't need it.

I had a set on adjustable shocks on my last car and I never touched the adjustment after I initially set it up.

Depends on how much you like to play with things I guess.