Sensor or a bigger problem?

Sean's AGU

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

My girlfriend went to coventry and got my a3 t from a dealership about a month ago and when she started driving back, it started beeping at her with an oil can showing, so she went back to the dealership and they plugged it in to an obd, it was showing no codes, so she drove back. She said on the way back it only beeped at her when she was doing 20mph or less, other than that it was fine.

Found out the other day what the oil can was telling me, it says to pull over and check the engine oil level, the oil level is full so do you think it's the sensor or summit more serious?

Also it only starts beeping when the engine has warmed up.

is it low oil warning
or
oil preasure warning red oil can 3 beeps ?

Yeah definitely beeps 3 times! And no mate no top end rattle just yet, it seems to drive ok so just thought it would be a sensor. I did think it might be low pressure but it drove over 200 miles back to we're I live and I've used it everyday since I've had it, so didn't think it was anything too serious.

Just spoke to the Gf and she says it comes up with a red oil can, beeps 3 times and the display says to switch off engine and check oil level.

P.s. hi I'm new to the forumn

Last edited:
could be the pick up blocking

what i would do is call the dealer you got it from and get them to pick it up and check sensor preasure etc
or
change sensor or sump off and check replace pick up pipe
iv had them block and it cost loads to repair.

When she took it back to the dealership when they plugged it in to the obd. I did say to do an oil pressure check and conveniently they didn't have one at there place. Just thought if it had a pressure problem it wouldn't of made it back but I trust your judgement,

its worth you checking could be nothing a sensor or worse
then your looking at a good few quid.

Just going to change both mate for peace of mind. Do you know where I can get them from? As just been on euro car parts and can't find them.

get sensors always from audi
and the pick up from audi or TPS

Cheers mate. Ile send you a message when I find out whats up with it