5w30 Magnatec fully Synthetic

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Anyone used this stuff in their S3's? I've always used 10w40 Semi in my S3, but I have a whole load of magnatec lying around I don't want to waste.

Yes or No?

Thought I'd treat the S3 to an oil change before my track session on Saturday.

I used to use it in mine with no issues but may be a bit thin pending how many miles your motor has done with the hammering I presume your going to give it on the track ;)

I used to use it in mine with no issues but may be a bit thin pending how many miles your motor has done with the hammering I presume your going to give it on the track ;)

I only do 2-3k miles a year max Stace, it's been almost 2 years and 3k miles since my last oil change.

5w-40 seems to be the best people say around here, thick enough that it won't burn but fully synth so works and last better.

Last edited:
As Vex said... i use Motul Excess 5w40 full syn

5W40 quantum platinum... I don't like te way 5W30 pours out like water...

<tuffty/>

Hmmm, I was more interested in the magnetic properties of the oil than the the 5w30 part. Guess I'll just use the standard 10w40 I've been using as before then.

5w-30 will be fine with your S3, if you go onto the Castrol website and type your reg in they will recommend the 5w-30 fully synthetic Castrol edge.