Best paint remover?

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Dont worry im bot going to trash some poor gits car.

i need to strip the multiple layers of crap paint on my lcr brembos. Ive tries turps but it just laughed at me lol. Ive read about nitromora but is it any good? Is their anything better i can use?

Hi mate, I'm a decorator by trade, nitromors or how ever it's spelt is prob your best shot, all things like that have been changed since 2010, if you get that sort of stuff, you'll find if you put a load on, wait 10-15 mins and put on more wait 10-15 again and scrap off, keep repeating this process till its all off, you might need some wire wool to, make sure you neutralise it all with water after too.

hope this helps a little. Simon

arsetone or how ever you spell it or nitromorse should help.

unless there power coated none of this would work would it ?

Thanks lads.

well they look to have the original factory coating underneath and im sure it is t powder coated ao hopefully nitromors should work.

Reactions: s3welshy
What ever you use make sure to wash it with the right neutraliser water or white spirit, or the new paint will bubble up mate

i was going to mention this in your last thread. I tried green nitromers - it did naff all - just made the powder coat a bit softer. I absolutely coated the stuff on and left it for ages

The powder coater place i took it too ended up dipping it in some nasty chemicals which stripped it off

Powder coat you can't use paint stripper on, and I believe it's very hard to sand blast, chemical dip is the best and prob fastest way

Ao needs washing down with turps afterwards then.&nbsp;<br><br>Ooh right, so was that the orginal paint on them alex or had they been powered coated?&nbsp;

it was powder coat i think, the nitormers just made it ever so slightly more rubbery

Making it weaker is an understatement, its a load of ****, I may try that stuff you just posted about for my work, the eu has really messed up my work trade, for me non of the "paint strippers " are any good now, so you have to burn off with a blow lamp, which you have to be very carfull doing

Ill nip to my local paint supplier on tuesday and see what they have, if not i think it may be that starchem stuff.

eu regs = total f***ing kill joys.

If you are going to DIY it i strongly recommend you use a 120 grade disc to get the worst of it off.....well what you can get to anyway. Then acid dip the rest. This way it will most definitely get the rest off straight away. Some times if u dip it straight away then it will leave nuggets of soft paint everywhere which are a ****** to get off. But yeah make sure it's acid and not paint stripper if its powder coated

brake fluids nasty stuff too, found that out with a leaking cylinder in an old car stripping my paint on my alloys!!

yeah tell me about it, after having my brakes powder coated they were wrapped in bubble wrap but with a residue of brake fluid from the old brake lines. I now have bubble wrap textured brembos!

So would i best just buying some cheap **** brake fluid and covering them in that?

no, it'll take a while to strip it all of doing that. My brakes were left in the bubble wrap for a couple of months before i got round to fitting them and found that the brake fluid had eaten through the top layer of powder coat. Could always find a local powder coaters and ask them to dip it for you

Ok cheers guys. Ill report back tomorrow when im off with what the outcome is.