ASN Dyno Day @ Badger5 - Sunday 11th November 2012

thanks for the warm welcome today.
Great meet and a lovely bunch of people.
I thoroughly enjoyed smashing the KO3s records again :superman:

Thanks for a great day guys, was my first dyno run and was very interesting for me as I found out about my 'piky map' today!! ;)

Was really good to catch up with the usual faces, a few new ones and also to put more faces to names.

Was a great turnout and the organisation was excellent.

Impressed with the figures as well, as I was not expecting that at all!!

As for the Bumper and Boot Strip Paul - all in good time ;) LOL

Maz, hope you got back ok and it didnt take too long
Speedy - i'll see you soon...lol!!

Is there any chance anyone is going to put a full listing of vehicle and power output at all, thats if nobody minds???

Cheers
Nilz

thanks for the warm welcome today.
Great meet and a lovely bunch of people.
I thoroughly enjoyed smashing the KO3s records again :superman:

You're my hero babycakes. 261bhp from a K03s, I remember when people said 230bhp was the maximum!

x

Looks like it was a cracking day again, really gutted I missed out! From the pictures and facebook posts it looks like the quality of cars that turned up was great. :)

Reactions: mylo
Thank you all very much.

To the badger 5 team for their efforts and the participants for their friendliness. Not one to attend this sorts of events usually but I Enjoyed coming up, having a chat and having an opportunity to see what it's all about.

Lol....'Only one "piky map" today, all the boost and none of the fuel.. But at last owner knows now what its like and can sort it'...was this mine by any chance?

Tbh...I'll have to give you a call bill to get a quote to resolve the fueling either way and Appreciate the candidness. It looked like there is plenty more to come if that was rectified and I might need to sort some rods at the same time.

irconically.... yours was'nt the one I was referring to..
yours had fuel... just lots of it..
it was another S3.. std fueling, spiky 26psi boost... thats the piky one

You're my hero babycakes. 261bhp from a K03s, I remember when people said 230bhp was the maximum!

x

Looks like it was a cracking day again, really gutted I missed out! From the pictures and facebook posts it looks like the quality of cars that turned up was great. :)

there's some different wheels in that turbo..
no other k03s holds boost like mylo's... freakish... lol

unless I can call our lupo a k03... cos it looks like one from the outside... 311bhp@18psi baby :)

shame the LCR had issues.. timing pull of 12's was not ideal... lol

Thanks for the day Bill, good to meet you all. I totally forgot to get my dyno graph! any chance you can email it over, or post a link...

Was good to pop along - strange not to be in an Audi though I have to say... :S

Still, hopefully I will have a running one again by next time, and won't bring the big white tank....

that's awesome Bill, thanks :) Interestingly, exactly like when I ran my old AUM on your dyno, the logs show it recorded roughly 10g/s less from the MAF on your dyno than it usually does on the road. My peak MAF from your dyno runs was 176g/s, and 307bhp, yet it often makes 186-187g/s on the road. feels great either way, I was just interested as to why that might be the case.

261hp from a K03s?! Some funny business there methinks.

He mentioned something about K04 internals, K03 housing. ;)

Nope, not at all.

It's a genuinely standard silenced ko3S turbo, supplied and fitted by Seat themselves 65 000 miles ago as a warranty replacement for a failed turbo after the car was sold by seat with a warranty (I'd assume as an approved used).

God knows how it does it, but it does. Holds more boost high up than any ko3S i've ever seen, peaks 21psi and holds it to 5000rpm!

ro52mgx-lc180.jpg

I dont believe it :p

Had it been 240 or 245hp, maybe. 250 at a real stretch. But over 260? Nah.

Photos of the wheels with a vernier caliper, or it didnt happen.

I'll point mylo in this direction, see what he has to say about it. I'm under no impression that it's anything other than stock wheels though.

having said that, RobbieC on SCN has managed 275hp on bills rollers with a K03 hybrid with a 2078 (RS4) compressor wheel which is only very marginally larger than the 2075 in the K03S, however robbieC's turbo has a huge RS6 turbine fitted, rather than the absolutely tiny thing used as standard in the K03S, and robbies engine is also seriously worked over, rebored to 82.5mm etc

If it was a hybrid, it wouldn't have taken us 12 months to develop the ultimate Map.

Many hours have been spent on the road, dyno and at Santa Pod.
Niki has remapped the car 6 or 7 times over the last 12 months as I kept badgering him to push it further.
I was told a fat leon couldn't do a 1/4 mile in 14 seconds lol so took this as a personal challenge.

Guess who did a 13.7s run at GTi Festival :whistle2:

Dan will be getting the turbo to check over when I fit the hybrid he's built me.

Reactions: Westy
Cheers mate, Meth, pro alloy race cooler and the R-Tech cai seem to provide a good charge.
The turbo back milltek and comedy back box get the gases out even faster.

its an OEM Ko4 actuator.

Its just an brand new OEM stock actuator from my K04-001 turbo, the clue to how its making power it in the boost plot, same way as the K04-022/023 units are making 300bhp with the relentless manifold. I already posted in a build thread on how we are making these numbers from the KKK units.

Nick

I dont believe it :p

Had it been 240 or 245hp, maybe. 250 at a real stretch. But over 260? Nah.

Photos of the wheels with a vernier caliper, or it didnt happen.

I will pay for your time, fuel or train ticket taxi fair and dinner for the day so you can got to Myles home or work adrress to fully inspect the turbo. If its a k03s you cover my costs, if its anything else but a K03s you had a free fully paid day trip out, I will buy you a hybird turbo andI will look a right ****...lol

I will swear on my 4 kids lifes the turbo is a fully stock k03s unit from Seat. Just a new tuning method used to exploit the power from a k03s which most tuners stopped doing 4-5 years back before WMI was widely used on the 1.8Ts.

For us to claim 260bhp from a k03s and to cheat would be very bad and would kill my reputation dead, so instead of lies I like to prove facts and keep pushing the k03 k04 tuning game forward.

The turbo will be sent to Dan in a few weeks for inspections, if it comes back as its in good condition after running 250-260bhp for the last 12months then I will be offering 255-260bhp custom remaps to everyone with a ko3s. The new TiV mapping has unlocked lots of power from the me7.5, and I am the only tuner using TiV mapping.

Nick

yeh, as i said above, having seen that compressor map i can see its not as far fetched as it at first seemed!

What exactly is "TiV" mapping?

K04-001 and K03s use same size comp wheel but the 001 has a new design wheel.

The K03s turbine side is the issue, main issues is waste gate blowing open even with upgrade actuators with silly strong springs, the k03s wants to crack open and hover open once full boost happens around 3000rpm then it just opens wider and wider as rpm increases. but if we slow the turbo down a tad and reduce midrange boost the waste gate opening will be less higher up the rpm rnage, we make up the lost power up by running a tad leaner with strong midrange advance mapping, then kick the n75 to turbo kick the boost up higher in the rpm range to allow the torque to hold longer making the 260bhp peak number, but as soon as we do this the wastegate creeps open and torque dies off.

The K03s will flow 285bhp.... with a bar clamping the waste gate shut solid. but car and turbo makes funny sounds and pinks like feck.

yeh, as i said above, having seen that compressor map i can see its not as far fetched as it at first seemed!

What exactly is "TiV" mapping?

Its a name for a method I use to remove a combination of the ME routines, torque structure , anti jerk mapping and to switch and add to the dev/app modes which allows the ecu to work how I want it not how bosch intended..lol It can remove lots of PID based invertention on the timing, boost/n75.

TiV = Torque invervention removal

The K04-001 and K03s both use the same K04-series 2075 compressor wheel from what Doug from Frankenturbo has said on a number of occasions. Its also used in the K04-015 on the A4, and the K03-073 on the B6 A4 190. The K04 variants have a very slightly larger turbine than the K03's.

Good job on the result, i'm now pondering what needs done to get those numbers out of my K03/4 hybrid :D

Its a name for a method I use to remove a combination of the ME routines, torque structure , anti jerk mapping and to switch and add to the dev/app modes which allows the ecu to work how I want it not how bosch intended..lol It can remove lots of PID based invertention on the timing, boost/n75.

TiV = Torque invervention removal

Ah, nice one.

The K03s turbine side is the issue, main issues is waste gate blowing open even with upgrade actuators with silly strong springs, the k03s wants to crack open and hover open once full boost happens around 3000rpm then it just opens wider and wider as rpm increases. but if we slow the turbo down a tad and reduce midrange boost the waste gate opening will be less higher up the rpm rnage, we make up the lost power up by running a tad leaner with strong midrange advance mapping, then kick the n75 to turbo kick the boost up higher in the rpm range to allow the torque to hold longer making the 260bhp peak number, but as soon as we do this the wastegate creeps open and torque dies off.

The K03s will flow 285bhp.... with a bar clamping the waste gate shut solid. but car and turbo makes funny sounds and pinks like feck.

What you hoping Mylo's new turbo will make? do you think welding in a restrictor into the K03 will help with the wastegate opening...

there's some different wheels in that turbo..
no other k03s holds boost like mylo's... freakish... lol

unless I can call our lupo a k03... cos it looks like one from the outside... 311bhp@18psi baby :)

shame the LCR had issues.. timing pull of 12's was not ideal... lol

timing pull of 12 certainly wasnt ideal :( its such a tempramental ***** sometimes!!