S3 - Few pics

MarkyS3

Reaction score
Went out with a friend today and grabbed a few photos........he has a 170bhp 306 GTi-6, i couldnt shake him off, i guess the S3's weight doesnt help it at all.

editeds3_zps01c193c1.jpg

edited5_zps0bcab80f.jpg

edited4_zps6d446b5d.jpg

edited3_zps8a5ec884.jpg

edited2_zps730ea043.jpg

The colour is a bit odd looks faded in some light.....

Also ever since coming back from garage the hard boost pipe that runs around left hand side of engine has started squeaking when engine moves or you grab it and try shaking it....
How do i take it off and try refitting as it never did it before going in for manifold work.

Cheers.

ive had a mk1 gti6 (much lighter than the mk2) and there crap so iver hes a top driver or your s3 is porley but looks very nice :o.k:

1/4 mile times are very similar within 0.5 of a sec i think, and there not crap mate very quick little hatches......thanks.

1/4 mile times are very similar within 0.5 of a sec i think, and there not crap mate very quick little hatches......thanks.

That looks so much like cheddar gorge....where did you go?

Nice pics and the cars look good but it sounds like you s3 is poorly. I'd be surprised if the 306 would live with it if in tip top shape.

It was Cheddar Gorge, maybe on a long straight i would have him but coming out of Cheddar up a Hill the weight of the Audi in 2nd and 3rd really doesnt help it....

Do you have Vagcom mate?

It was Cheddar Gorge, maybe on a long straight i would have him but coming out of Cheddar up a Hill the weight of the Audi in 2nd and 3rd really doesnt help it....

Do you have Vagcom mate?

Interesting.

I do yea, but not sure which one you mean.

If you fancy meeting and comparing notes sometime, pm me etc...

Sorry all, not trying to gate crash a thread and arrange a date.

Basically i want to plug my car in see if there are any faults as i have an intermittent misfire/stutter.

Your car looks well kept mate nice, his 306 in good nick too but iv been out in one and thought they were sh!t. But along as you 2 had fun that's all that matters init

Well i wouldnt call Type R pace slow, 170bhp and 1200kg's works out to be around 10bhp per tonne less than an S3.......

Cheers anyway.

I had an EK9 and swapped it for a rally car now the guy thats got it has turned it into a rally car, B16B's in the real world only make 160bhp and B16A's 140 if your lucky.....

Had many mates with DC2's, EK9's, EP3's and we have been on loads of different rolling roads and not one even with good mods made the standard power.

Great pics of your s3! Really like being able to see the front mount intercooler pipe work!
My previous car before I got my s3 was a 306 rallye which is a lightened version of the gti6.
On country roads it was great but there's no doubt that the s3 is substantually quicker.
Might be work pluging her in as already mentioned.

Reactions: s33nyboy12
I had an EK9 and swapped it for a rally car now the guy thats got it has turned it into a rally car, B16B's in the real world only make 160bhp and B16A's 140 if your lucky.....

Had many mates with DC2's, EK9's, EP3's and we have been on loads of different rolling roads and not one even with good mods made the standard power.

Mine was a jap import with skunk 2 cams mugen manifold back exhaust Decat 4-2-1 , aem induction kit,uprated ngx plugs and ht leads , piggy back ecu mod from hond-r remapped, uprated fuel pump , fully stripped and lightened . Before my remap it made 192.5 bhp on dyno at 900kg the guys at hond r said it would make at least 200bhp with chipped ecu.

Thanks mate, im only going by what i read on stats.....also watched many videos including this one....

306s16 vs 306 s16 vs s3 - YouTube

Goto 2:12, wouldnt call the S3 alot quicker, remember i only had a little go in 2nd and 3rd up a hill where weight was really against me, on a flat long road in higher gears would probably be a different story, i dont rate S3's performance wise tbh, my PD 130 A3 mapped before would keep up with one.

I said before and I'll say again you get what you pay for...a 1400 quid S3 has got to have a whole load of crap going on and this along with all your other threads confirm it.

no offence like.

For a Mod your attitude isnt the best is it?????

I bought it with a blowing exhaust, changed manifold, sorted oh and it has a slight misfire, probably a Coilpack if not wont be anything expensive......

So its a bargain S3, its probably in better condition than 80% on here, its like new, think your just bitter someone has got a deal you only wish you got.

So is the Black S3 in the Video ****ed aswell then?

He is just stating that, generally things are cheap for a reason. You obviously ned to spend some time and money on it to return it to where it should be. Your threads point out it has many problems. I am sure once they are all fixed it will be a fine car.

Have you had it scanned to find the missfire yet?
Is she water tight or you still driving it leaking?

For a Mod your attitude isnt the best is it?????

I bought it with a blowing exhaust, changed manifold, sorted oh and it has a slight misfire, probably a Coilpack if not wont be anything expensive......

So its a bargain S3, its probably in better condition than 80% on here, its like new, think your just bitter someone has got a deal you only wish you got.

Its an opinion Mark please don't get personal.

Yes its a better price than my S3 which was £16,500 but I think a lot of 8L owners here have bettered me way before yours.

Reactions: s33nyboy12
I wouldnt say MANY problems it had two when i bought it, one of which is now fixed.....
Water Leak seems to have stopped and misfire seems to be coming less and less the more i drive it.....
Will get it plugged in soon.

£1400 for an S3 with a blowing exhaust manifold and misfire is still a bargain, remember it is a fairly decent spec also, Front Mount, DV, Coilovers, RS4 Wheels, R32 Brakes etc......oh and a personalised plate worth £350.

I wouldnt say MANY problems it had two when i bought it, one of which is now fixed.....
Water Leak seems to have stopped and misfire seems to be coming less and less the more i drive it.....
Will get it plugged in soon.

£1400 for an S3 with a blowing exhaust manifold and misfire is still a bargain, remember it is a fairly decent spec also, Front Mount, DV, Coilovers, RS4 Wheels, R32 Brakes etc......oh and a personalised plate worth £350.

Lol...Was this the one i saw at infinity exhausts on the ramps for the last 2 weeks? If so...I would say 'unloved' might best describe it.

No different from mine when I picked her up. 6k later....

Lol...Was this the one i saw at infinity exhausts on the ramps for the last 2 weeks? If so...I would say 'unloved' might best describe it.

No different from mine when I picked her up. 6k later....

That would be the one, i wouldnt say unloved but cut corners would be better.
Im not too fussed with it really, its just a daily drive, my rally car is my pride and joy, thats where my money goes.

That would be the one, i wouldnt say unloved but cut corners would be better.
Im not too fussed with it really, its just a daily drive, my rally car is my pride and joy, thats where my money goes.

Ha..that's funny.

I didn't mean offence and did not mean 'unloved' by you but by previous owner.

I had mine up there a few times when yours was sat there and was running my eye over it.

nice colour and interior looks spot on. Sorry to read about your issues. £1400 is £1400 at the end of the day and whilst you get what you pay....it's still one hell of a car for that price. I'm amazed at that. Well done!

I'd be happy to compare notes with you sometime.

Compare notes????

Yeh its a very tidy car, its a round about way i got it for £1400, hard to explain but yeh thats what it owes me lol
Infinity sponsor me for Rallying so did the manifold cheap.

Interior is like new now its cleaned and outside has been resprayed, not the best job round the edges but hey ho its a dirt cheap S3 run around.

Compare notes????

Yeh its a very tidy car, its a round about way i got it for £1400, hard to explain but yeh thats what it owes me lol
Infinity sponsor me for Rallying so did the manifold cheap.

Interior is like new now its cleaned and outside has been resprayed, not the best job round the edges but hey ho its a dirt cheap S3 run around.

Nice one. Martin's a lovely guy.

Speak with mark next door, if you havent already, he'll run the vag checks for you.

Does he charge?

Possibly but you'd have to ask him.

At the end of the day, if he diagnoses a fault he is likely to be able to resolve it for you.

Up to you what you do then.

If it comes to it, his hourly rate is very reasonable though and he knows his stuff with these cars.

Mark and martin go way back.

Ok thanks, once i get some spare cash together i will go see him.