water leak into passenger footwell

marlow77

Reaction score
Noticed this problem when it rains. Upon starting the car after a night of rain, I can immediately hear a swooshing noise coming from the passenger footwell region. Then when I set off as soon as I engage the cluth it's like you can really hear the turbo wooshing up as though there's a massive gaping hole into the engine bay (obviously there isn't) and a load of water gushes down ffrom under the dash somewhere. It dribbles some more out for 30 seconds and that's your lot. My mate says he knows what it is, the cabin filter seal or something like that. He fixed it, resealed it etc only it's made no difference at all. Still doing it. Sounds like air con or something because of the noise it makes when it spurts this water out. Any clue somebody???

Just a guess but does the air con have a drain hole or pipe that could be blocked and it's flowing into the car instead?

there are multiple holes i believe but bet its blocked drainage holes under the scuttle cover and leaking through the bulkhead into the car. I bet the noise is due to the ammount of water swishing around.

Well today I got my mate onto it properly. Took the cover at the bottom of windscreen off and saw the windscreen sealing was terrible! He is fairly confident it was this seal that was the cause and the noise being made is all the water getting into the heater fan. My entire footwell was absolutely drenched thru and already starting to stink! Cudnt get carpet up tho cos it wud've meant taking so much stuff out it could've been days! Instead soaked up as much as best I could with tons of tissue and resealed the windscreen area. Remains to be seen if it works!