Door problem....

dans3

Reaction score
Dunno if anyone else has had this problem....

Only on a hot day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif , I'll try closing the drivers door on my 2000 S3, but the ****** car thinks it's still open!! Door alert indicates on the dash (something like |_\ ) and interior light remains on!

Presume it will be a sticky sensor on the inside of the door somewhere, tried pressing any obvious buttons but still does not cure the problem.

Just a little thing (especially in comparison to Audi Girl's problem!) but just annoying! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Thanks all for the info (except Tiro /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif )

Mine doesn't work even when completely opening then closing the door! Just have to switch the interior light off then reset the display!

How do you make your alarm beep?? Mine's silent and just flashes. Is this a setting you can change??

Thanks,
Dan

To make the alarm beep you need to reprogram your ECU using a VAG com and cable. It's easy to do and there are plenty of references on here and other websites.

VAG com is available via RAM who usually does group buys, altenatively you can go direct to Cister Motors, or if you know anyone with the kit you could probably hook up with them.

Good luck

[ QUOTE ]
S3Bangs said:
Aaah... the famous door problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

So common that no one knows how to fix it??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Driving me nutz....