A3 1.8TQ cats

Pontio

Reaction score
Hi every1,
As said in the title i would like some info about these cats, it has been stated and proven by some ppl on here that the S3's cats are not restrictive, what i would like to know is what about the cats in question? i am hoping they are the same so i will not have to change them myself..
Thanks for any help

OK, engine codes ARX & ARY use part # 1J1 131 701 DX
BAM & AMK: 8N0 254 400

Don't forget though, the K04 has a different orientation than the K03, so the downpipes (Which bolt straight to the cats) are different (and larger diameter on S3)

HTH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

damnit.. not what i wanted to hear :-( hopefully there not restrictive and i dont need to change them..

Well, they COULD be the same cats, and just the "Y" pipe is a different diameter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Does that help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Front end on tq very resistrictive,i have some photos somewhere of the front pipe and cats,frontpipe diameter very small s3 is much bigger.I fitted a custom 2.5 inch frontpipe and race cat,pick up seems much better and i think torque has improved too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy

[ QUOTE ]
Front end on tq very resistrictive,i have some photos somewhere of the front pipe and cats,frontpipe diameter very small s3 is much bigger.I fitted a custom 2.5 inch frontpipe and race cat,pick up seems much better and i think torque has improved too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've changed from stock A3 TQ to 3" downpipe and racecat. The car is a bit more responsive, but I you're going to run stock turbo it really isn't worth the money IMHO.

well im wanting to go the ihi route so i'll ask jabbasport what they think..

You need a sports cat with the ihi kit otherwise you will melt the stock cat.My 100 cell race cat passed the mot easily.

will an s3 dual cat fit onto a 1.8t fr?? will it be able to cope with tuning up to bout 270/ 280 bhp ish?? was thinking of putting a k04 turbo on so will need different dp neway so if the cats wil phisically fit under the car al just use oem parts!