EM TuningVolks Autos
    Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status

Heatshield (S3dave) and Cold air feed done :)

Right a few cheap and cheerful mods done today quickly,

First off i saw the thread recently about heatshields as it was something i have been planning to do for a while so PM`d S3Dave on here and he sorted me out with a really good deal and the Heatshield was here the next day

Fits perfectly so cheers Dave and here is a quick pic, you can alsosee where i have fitted the 80mm tube for my cold air feed in the pic too.

Here is a qick pic of the other end of the 80mm tube behind the passenger side fog light grill

I know people have said the cold air feed does nothing really but it cant hurt to have a direct feed to the filter inside the heatshield.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

2. # ADS
    ADS

colicabcadam
    i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong, but it looks like you have covered up one of your intercoolers, so i'd expect hotter intake temps, then again you have a fmic ?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by colicabcadam View Post
    i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong, but it looks like you have covered up one of your intercoolers, so i'd expect hotter intake temps, then again you have a fmic ?
    Yup old SMIC`s are long gone running a FMIC now
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

6th Gear

Status
    Bob can you feel any difference in performance?
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Rav View Post
    Bob can you feel any difference in performance?
    Not had a chance to test or log it at all yet will have a play over the weekend but it cant make it worse as any improvement in cooler air has got to be better.

Got my Revo SPS select on its way so i can have a play with my settings eg boost etc soon too

5th Gear

Status
    That cone filter's looking a bit sorry for itself itsn't it? Looks a bit, well, er, "limp".

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Rob, that air filter is doing you no favours, i think that is a angled jetex for a standard s3, you will see gains with the bigger one...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    That cone filter's looking a bit sorry for itself itsn't it? Looks a bit, well, er, "limp".
    I angled it down as its actually the specific S3 jetex induction kit (twas a £35 bargain) so the filter has an angled neck on it so does look a little droopy lol.

Probably gonna get the 80mm JR filter at somepoint

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Rob, that air filter is doing you no favours, i think that is a angled jetex for a standard s3, you will see gains with the bigger one...
    Yeah i am gonna swap it over once i get a chance as i know there is now a revised version with a stronger neck to stop the splitting issue

Heatshield is great though highly reccomended