Heatshield (S3dave) and Cold air feed done :)

vrbob

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!
Reaction score
Right a few cheap and cheerful mods done today quickly,

First off i saw the thread recently about heatshields as it was something i have been planning to do for a while so PM`d S3Dave on here and he sorted me out with a really good deal and the Heatshield was here the next day :)

Fits perfectly so cheers Dave and here is a quick pic, you can alsosee where i have fitted the 80mm tube for my cold air feed in the pic too.
UwqLt.jpg

Here is a qick pic of the other end of the 80mm tube behind the passenger side fog light grill
FFIjg.jpg

I know people have said the cold air feed does nothing really but it cant hurt to have a direct feed to the filter inside the heatshield.

i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong, but it looks like you have covered up one of your intercoolers, so i'd expect hotter intake temps, then again you have a fmic ?

i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong, but it looks like you have covered up one of your intercoolers, so i'd expect hotter intake temps, then again you have a fmic ?

Yup old SMIC`s are long gone running a FMIC now

Bob can you feel any difference in performance?

Not had a chance to test or log it at all yet will have a play over the weekend but it cant make it worse as any improvement in cooler air has got to be better.

Got my Revo SPS select on its way so i can have a play with my settings eg boost etc soon too :)

That cone filter's looking a bit sorry for itself itsn't it? Looks a bit, well, er, "limp". :whistle2:

That cone filter's looking a bit sorry for itself itsn't it? Looks a bit, well, er, "limp". :whistle2:

I angled it down as its actually the specific S3 jetex induction kit (twas a £35 bargain) so the filter has an angled neck on it so does look a little droopy lol.

Probably gonna get the 80mm JR filter at somepoint

Rob, that air filter is doing you no favours, i think that is a angled jetex for a standard s3, you will see gains with the bigger one...

Yeah i am gonna swap it over once i get a chance as i know there is now a revised version with a stronger neck to stop the splitting issue

Heatshield is great though highly reccomended :)